Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Terri schiavo's feeding tube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a sad situation, all around. I can't blame the husband for wanting to move on. I can't blame her parents for not.

I do condemn the fact that this woman's great misfortune has become political and news fodder. This is an intensely private matter. It should remain that way.

How is it that the majority party in the US House and Senate is all about less government intrusion? Except when it suits them, apparently. B*stards.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I do condemn the fact that this woman's great misfortune has become political and news fodder. This is an intensely private matter. It should remain that way.
    The family doesn't want them to. I heard the mother saying that she would ask for politician's help and stuff... so it's partly their fault.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let that poor woman die in peace... too late for that anyway! The whole ordeal has been turned into a Rep vs Dem partisan BS fest. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, what swords said.. especially since it seems the repubs in the senate are interested in injecting their religiously backed "sacredness of life" thing or whatever it is into the deal....
    Ironcially, while the repubs want to keep her alive waiting for thechnology to come up with the "miracle", they have made it pretty much impossible to do the kind of research required for even a remote possibility of science producing a "miracle"
    (see "stem cell research)
    What a shame that these people have become a 2008 campaign issue, gotta give credit to the husband for not totally losing it by this point (I mean, if the Canadian Senate was voting on how I specifically had to run MY OWN AFFAIRS I think all bets would be off)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moral of the story:

Get a written living will. Have it recognized legally, and make sure you go over it with friends and family, so nobody is surprised by your decision.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mabudon, I agree. Plus... your signature makes no sense whatsoever. I love it.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Capslock. It is a tragic situation no matter how you look at it. But personally I agree with taking the feeding tube out and letting her die. Human euthanasia would be the best solution but unfortunately that is not an option. It SHOULD be. We take better care of and show more empathy to our pets in that situation than we do our human loved ones.

It is always going to be terribly painful to lose someone we love no matter how it happens...fast or slow. But she made her wishes known to her husband as well as a few others. He is trying to carry out her wishes. Her parents are trying to cling to her...not wanting to let her go. But they are not honoring HER wishes. I don't think her husband wants money. I think he wants his wife to have the peace she asked for. There may be greater things waiting for her if she could be free of her physical body to move on.

I do not ever want to be in that situation. I have told everybody I know that I never want to be put on life support permanently. When there is NO chance to have what constitutes a decent life...let me go! Why sustain a physical body when there is no mind to go with it? That's not "life" to me.

Its holding you captive in a world that's between living and dying. Maybe one day we will advance enough to allow ourselves to choose life or death in situations of PVS or excrutiating terminal illness.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH! besides... the husband was offered a MILLION DOLLARS if he let the custody on the parents and he refused. I'm sure it's not the money.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234