Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terri schiavo's feeding tube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/18/sc...ged/index.html
    Cnn took down the link of how she would die though. It was horrible. No innocent (non murderer etc.) should die of starvation over 10-14 days even if they don't know whats happening. They should at least take pity and letal injection or something. I know that if i was in that position and there was no chance of revival I would want to die but not via starvation. If anyone did that to me I would defy all laws of nature and man to haunt them till they went insane. Really quite a horrible way to die.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. If euthanasia is so holy and merciful and "fast and painless" for terminally-ill pets, it should be for people too. I still don't see why euthanasia hasn't been lagalized for terminally ill human patients yet. I mean, if the patient (or another person, if the patient is unable to communicate) is in favor of it, it should be done. It's much more ignorant of human compassion to let someone die of starvation over 10-14 days than to put them out in a matter of seconds.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I found the link in my history
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/03/18....ap/index.html
    Quite Horrible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an awful way to die like the previous decade has been an awful way to live. But how many other people will die of preventable disease and violence while politicians and the rest of us debate that poor woman's fate? Nothing can be done for her, but something could be done for the rest.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should definately kill her via lethal injection too but since it's not legal I support taking the feeding tube out.
    first of all, I do believe her husband is telling the truth and she did wish to die in that situation. secondly, the doctors say that she is in a persistant vegetive state (sp?). That means she doesn't think. she's basically just like a heart that has been taken out of their body... it may be able to react to stimuli and it may be alive, but without a mind that's worth nothing. But fine, let's just say that she is NOT in a PVS and that she is aware. obviously she can't do anything or she wouldn't be considered in PVS. basically the only thing she can do is think... I don't know about you but not being able to do anything would literally drive me insane. She has been like that for.. 15? years! she's not going to recover and while taking out the feeding tube may not be the best way to go, the possibility of suffering for 2 weeks is better than suffering for 15+ years like that.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they have not proved she cannot feel. Anyway you know when someone dies or almost dies they "float at the ceiling" and watching yourself dies would be worse then actual death. Imagine that for 10-14 days. I don't want this to sound religious but I will have to agree with the Christians that the spirit is freeroaming without a body or with a damaged body (If it escaped) and then you will watch yourself die. I would much rather die quickly then over 10 days time. I would support her death but I only support it when she dies quickly not over an extended lenght of time. You cannot know what her family goes through during the death cycle unless someone near you has died. Let me just tell you that it is horrible and you want it to end. I would not be suprised if her parents went insane and started trying to kill her quickly themselves. It feels like that sometimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Anyway you know when someone dies or almost dies they "float at the ceiling" and watching yourself dies would be worse then actual death
    there is no evidence for that. in fact, there's evidence that that ISN'T what happens. There was an experiment where they put a ... one of those things with letters going by with the red dots and stuff... know what I'm talking about? on top of tons of death patients' beds and when they reported that they had had a near-death experience like that, they asked them if they had seen the whatever-you-call-it and no one to this day has ever mentioned it (I saw it a long time ago... maybe they can see it but can't read the letters? the point is that if they were on top of their bodies they should have been able to read it)

and I completely forgot the evidence for this (hormones in the brain?) but when the brain is running low of oxygen (which means you are dying...), hormones(?) are produced and you start hallucinating. Makes sense if you ask me.
    I'm guessing that they share similar experiences either because everyone's heard of "go into the light!" experiences and therefore see that, or because that's just what the hormones have on the brain. Just like different drugs have different effects on the brain and people share similar experiences about that.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast