maybe this should be copied into the dreams/nightmares thread
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Mar. 21 2005,9:15)]Um...No I don't see the pattern.Could you explain it to me?*Niki*
    Oh, they're all west of the Mississippi River. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Mar. 21 2005,7:55)]I can't believe that anybody, especially someone as educated as a judge, would think that your plants could pose a trapping threat to anything but feeder mice and ant farms.
    A law degree, IMHO, does not neccessarily mean somebody is particularly well-educated.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck today Oz. I think this is really sketchy. The part about “or plant” being written in probably negates the whole thing. Any public ordinance has to be PUBLIC. It can't be modified to suit an individual circumstance. We have a similar ordinance in our township bylaws, but it doesn’t mention plants, only animals. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that court room today. If you need a “professional” witness from a leading botanical garden, give me a shout…

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 19 2005,4:05)]Your landlord is crazy. Bring in a couple plant and a picture of your dog. I would recommend your Vft and biggest pitchered nep,etc. Demonstratte that they cannot "eat you".
    Oh yes, and maybe have a go at the landlord as well..."Your honour, maybe you would want to try for yourself to see that the (man eating) plants are not, as the prosecutor says, dangerous? *Offers a large N.rajah pitcher filled with bug carcasses to him*...

There isn't a case to make really. No white haired judge in their right mind would charge you for keeping plants. But then again you never know what kind of crazy ppl might be out there...we should know as cpers... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] Well good luck anyway, and make sure for all logic that you win, because if you don't I WILL CRY, whether for sadness or humour I don't know.

Alright, speaking of fangs, maybe your landlord is justified if he saw your bicalarta...lol

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird......chicks dig rats. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

I am a bit curious to hear what a judge thinks of this matter

I have been served papers that had individually been written on by the sheriff serving the papers. I don't thinking handwriting on it makes a difference.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry Ozzy. First time I've gotten a chance to reply. That really sucks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] They sound like a bunch of idiots.

I wish you good luck in court. Let us know how you fared. If you need me to bail you out jail, gimme a call. I got some files and hacksaws. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast