Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? No dynamite? If you need it i have The Anarchist Cookbook for reference. I'm serious, that's a real book. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea its a real book... although not that great. The recipes are somewhat vague. At least the ones that are interesting [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been asleep at the wheel on this one.
    I am not surprised that this happened.
    I had some cp in a window(when I had and office an not a cubicle) that I was forced to bring home by a "health committee" here at work. They said I could not feed crickets to them at work. Thing is, I did not fed them any bugs. They just assumed I was.
    I hope you kick butt in this.

Cheers,

Joe

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, guess what happened, I was fined $150 for each plant, and they were confiscated and destroyed. LOL Not really.

Where's what happened. I expected to go in and this would just be laughed right out of court. I was wrong. I was asked if I wanted to plead guilt or not guilty. I said Not Guilty. I was asked if I have any dangerous plants or animals on my property. I said no. I was then asked if I had any plants or animals. I said yes. I was then told that I needed to list every plant and animal that I have. I said I had to many to remember. I would need some time to get a complete list. I was given a week to submit the list in writing. I then told the judge that I wanted ask that this case be dismissed because it is totally ridiculous. It is a case that has no merit and is a big waste of everybody's time. The judge said "Request is denied. You admitted that you had plants and animals that may be considered a public threat and another hearing would be setup to determine if they are dangerous." I told the judge that there is noway that anything I had could be considered dangerous. I then quoted the noticed I received.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    For purposes of citation issuance under this provision, an animal or plant shall be deemed to be vicious if it inflicts serious injury on a person or pet in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises, or if within any 12 month period, it assaults or attacks two or more persons in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises.
    And.
    Quote[/b] ]
    Section 8 d. Other Animal Conduct. It shall be unlawful for an owner to own, harbor, or keep any animal or plant which:

(1) Habitually pursues vehicular or pedestrian traffic upon any public road or highway within the Town;

(2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner;

(3) Habitually destroys the property of persons within the Town.

I told the judge that the only thing I have that can even possible do any of this would be our dogs and there is no law against the dogs that we have. I then asked her when was the last time she saw a plant chase a car? I was trying to make her laugh and make my point but she didn't think it was funny. She then cut me off and said that the notices also says,
    Quote[/b] ]
    It is also deemed vicious if it possesses an above normal aggressiveness, This includes but does not limit Pit bulls, Chow chows, Dobermans, Rottweilers, exotic animals or plants.
    And.

Quote[/b] ]
    (4) Possesses an above normal ability to inflict harm to person or pet.
    And there are some plants that can be considered dangerous and I'll have to prove that each plant and animal poses no threat to the general public. She said that the next hearing would be March 30th.

The prosecutor came over and said he would offer me a deal. He said if I would plead guilty today that I would be given a small fine and I would be given a time to find new homes for all my plants and animal. If I'm found guilty at the next hearing every plant or animal that is against the town ordinance will be confiscated and destroyed. I said No way. I told him that if he'd drop the charges, I won't make him look like a fool at the next hearing. OK I didn't really say that but I thought of it on the way home and I really wish I had.

So the way I understand it is I have to submit a list of my plants and animals, and then I have to prove that they are safe. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I thought it was their responsibility to prove the case, not mine.

Well that is where it stands today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show them pics of the plants where they are trying to "eat" you, and explain that only a pet cricked could be killed by them. I can give that as advice.

Also, tell them that Savannah Monitors are legal, and they can almost bite off a human hand! Also i once had a tarantula as a pet that could send a human to the hospital with one bite (that wasn't the one i handled all the time). It is also legal to own extremely lethal scorpions. Also, my neighbor has a pair of very vocal dobermans, those are still dangerous if they want to attack. Come on, this is rediculous.

Or we can all attend the meeting bringing our largest plant each. All in turn proving them "innocent" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,8:40)]
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Mar. 21 2005,7:55)]I can't believe that anybody, especially someone as educated as a judge, would think that your plants could pose a trapping threat to anything but feeder mice and ant farms.
    A law degree, IMHO, does not neccessarily mean somebody is particularly well-educated.
    Heh, no, not neccessarily. Wishful thinking I guess.
    So Ozzy... they already took and destroyed your plants? Whatever happened to due process? That makes me really angry. What's the worst that they could do, anyways? It's not like someone's pet bug is going to get loose, find it's way into your home, and get trapped. And even if that did happen, I don't see how it would be your fault. Have they even indicated which plants of yours are supposedly hazardous? It seems to me like the burden of proof here should rest with the prosecution, given that no one has been injured and your plants are on your own property.
    It sounds to me like you could report just about anyone under this law and get them in trouble - how many people in your neighborhood have something like foxglove or castor bean or other toxic decorative plants? That above normal agressiveness stuff is crap - by that notion, rosebushes should be illegal because their thorns are a cutting hazard. I'd like to see which results in worse - a child falling onto a colony of flytraps or into a rosebush.
    I hope you have a good lawyer, because somebody needs to take these people out. It sounds to me like, once this is straightened out, you have a good shot at a civil suit against the city and your landlord.
    Best luck,
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]So Ozzy... they already took and destroyed your plants?
    That was a little joke, read the rest of the post.
    I have a really bad lawyer, me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Ok I don't get this.The judge asked you if you have any dangerous plants or animals,you said no.Then she asked if you have any plants or animals,you said yes.Ok then at the end you wrote that you asked for this case to be dismissed and she said denied,then she said that you addmitted to having may be hazzardous plants or animals...NO YOU DIDN'T!!!You said NO to that part,You said yes to the part where she asked if you have just regular plain old plants and animals.You never addmitted to having possibly hazzardous animals!Am I right?Or did I misunderstand?Well Ozzy,I am terribly sorry.I honestly thought this wouldn't go any further than today.I wish you the best of luck on the 30th and please keep us posted.If you need someone to talk to(even tho I'm new and you don't know me)feel free to PM me.Plus I'm sure everyone else here wouldn't gladly talk to you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] BTW you scared the crap out of me with your first sentence!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] Good luck!*Niki*(Trapper7) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast