Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...I can't wait to hear the results of this one. Its one for the recordbooks, Ozzy.

Personally, I think you'd make a great lawyer for yourself. You're very dedicated and convincing with your arguements. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

And this part of what you said is quite true:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There was a report that they could be a treat to the public
    Yes, carnivorous plants ARE a "treat" to the public. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Mar. 23 2005,12:11)]Sarracenia Scott is right on what would work the best. The thing is, a lawyer's fee is about $250/hr, which includes research, ect. A lawyer might feel compelled to research the case a bit, rather than just show up and defend you.
    Ozzy could do pretty much all his own research, and provide it to the lawyer. The only additional research the lawyer would really need to do is to verify that any expert sources Ozzy obtained are, in fact, experts.

I'd be surprised if the lawyer needed more than 4 hours total research time.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ozzy,

This is truly mad. Steve Lawarre pointed this thread out to me.

Would a letter from the Director of Conservation of the ICPS, or the president (Carl Mazur), on ICPS letterhead, saying that carnivorous plants are no more harmful to humans or human pets than any other houseplant be useful? If so, tell me when you'd need it by. I could FedEx something to you. Contact me via regular email, at bamrice@ucdavis.edu

Barry
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a case like this, thats about as big of a gun you could come with. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] Bringin out the 'Big Gunz'

Joe

I just realised his name is a fruit and a vegetable. Barry (fruit) Rice (vegetable/grain) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Barry, I'll send you an email with all the details of this case. I think an expert opinion from you and Steve would really be all I need. I think this is still a case where the burden of proof is on them. I present my case, show all the evidence from books and from you and Steve and then see what happens. Thank you so much for your help.

Now about the laywer, I have represented myself in court before and I know it's an uphill battle, but at this point I don't have much of a choice.

I also want to thank everybody that has sent me a PM offering their help, I haven't had much time to answer with all that has been going on with the fourms in the last few days. I'll try to get back to everybody.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark, I just saw this. This is most unfortunate indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy,

Hey, this is crazy, but when you were joking with your landlord, I think he was missing his humor button that day. YOU really need a lawyer involved with this case, especially since the judge cut you off when you were attempting to explain.

In Oklahoma, we call this "railroading" in the justice system. Your landlord knows someone in the court system and he wants you out because he believes he has a liability now.

A letter may help, but because of the ignorance already shown in this case, I think you won't be given much leeway. Seems also that the prosecutor is out of line too. If you were to do some digging I think there would be some "personal" links back to your landlord of family member.

Long term, vacating would be the best deal because "ignorance" is self induced and extremely difficult to battle. But short term, a lawyer would be able to let you keep your plants and maybe even be able to build a better case for a counter civil suit against the landlord and the prosecutor.

You tried once. Don't let them bully you. Even without money, you can plead can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Not all court appointed attorneys are bad, like the TV points out.

Don't give up, we are here to support you however we can!
    Rick Myers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I agree with finding a pro bono lawyer who's just itching for an easy case where they can tear their opponents a new one.