User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOOK WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY!!!!!!!!
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Phil and Mike demoted em to a Supermod instead of an Admin, to change it would take time and time is money. Just live with it please.
    no, see there magic words "ADMIN" are not next to my name anymore. (nor do I want them to be.)
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but you could always ask if it can be changed....
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sigh.... I could, if I cared enough about it. I also know that Phil and Mike are hellaciously busy, and that these forums are free and cost rather than generate money. If you were a small business owner with a significant portion of your life savings invested in that business, would you be worried about a word filter, or would you be promoting your business. If you want to continue this, PM ME, this is knocking Ozzy's thread off topic.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know what some of you are expecting. Before I get to that I want to make a little statement.
    When I first posted this topic, I never expected how many people would show their concern for me or my plants. I also never expected how far some members here would go to help me. Almost everybody offered to replaced my plants, Somebody offered me their legal service for free, and one member even offered to send me a cash gift to pay for a lawyer, and that doesnĎt even start to list all the offers I got. Let me tell you nobody will ever convince me that there is a better group of people any where in the world that is better then the people right here at Terrafourms. You guys showed me that I really do have some true friends. People that I didnít even know has offered to send me money, new plants, or to temporarily take my pets and plants. How can I thank you guys for all that you offered to do for me.

When I started this I was sure that the people thatís been around for a while, would think it was a joke. Thatís what I wanted to happen. I wanted this to be a joke for the kids here, thatís all. I never expected that so many would really believe me. I never even wanted it to get to the level that it did. I truly thought that anybody that remembered the D.capensis last year would laugh as soon as they read it.

I really wanted to end this a week and a half ago. After I saw how everybody was behind me I just didnít feel like going through with this anymore. How can you pull a joke on people that are trying to help you. It was real hard. I also didnít want to call it off because there was people that had helped me set this up and they were looking forward to see how it would end. So I decided that I should just go on with the joke. If this upsets anybody Iím truly sorry. All I was trying to do was to make some people laugh.

I didn't do this by myself, I had a lot of people helping me. So I canít take all the credit/blame. I had help planning this, and help pulling it off. Iím not going to name those people, incase they donít want to be known. If they want to come forward then they will.

Again I want to thank every one of you that offered to help me. Youíll never know how much it has meant to me. If you ever need anything, youíll know you can call on me. I just hope that you have as happy April Fools day as you have made mine. This year I guess the joke was on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh HAh! I have first post after the confession!!!
    Even though you really made me look like a donkey to the list serve(I have a email to send you from Dave Evans, btw, lol).......nice one.
    Seriously, I thought I was going to quit the forums when I found out(somebody let me know after I posted to the list serve). But your post above has quelched my anger. What a piece of performance art.

Cheers,

Joe

PS If you do something this good next year, you're plant food.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy...shame on you! You forgot to say...

APRIL FOOL!!!!!

LOL My hat is off to Ozzy...the master jokester! Yes, those of us who know Ozzy's wiley ways were on to him right off the bat. I was surprised how many people swallowed the line though. But I have it admit it was masterfully crafted. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think in the end, his joke proved somthing pretty fantastic. Something we've known all along. And that is that you folks ARE the best people in the world! You band together and support people you've never even met! This is a close community...a brotherhood and sisterhood. I think all you "fools" out there should be very proud of yourselves for how you supported and cared about Ozzy's plight. Good job!

Now...sit back and have a giggle and enjoy the day where being made a fool of is a GOOD thing! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Well done Ozzy!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suspected it may be a prank, especially after your report of the first court date. But, at the same time, I've seen (and experienced) enough BS legal situations to know that, ridiculous as it sounded, your story was not unfathomable. So I decided, until you announced it was a joke, to assume it was not.

I think the lesson learned is to maintain an activist spirit, and keep informed of laws that could impact our hobby, and petition for necessary changes before injustices are committed.

I wasn't around here last year. Could you recap the "D. capensis" story, or post a link to it?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking