What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

lol, woah my bad! he typed it at 22 and i typed mine at 29. i was chatting so i got distracted lol.

Chatting? Where? Go to the chatroom topic.

AIM

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 20 2005,3:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah I could not help my self with that joke attempt.
Since when is a rat a pet?  I think of them more as targets, for nicer creatures (hawk anyone?)
I'm not sure what that means

Somebody asked about the ONE joke I pulled here ONCE. Last year on APRIL FOOLS DAY I made a post about a pet eating D.capensis. If fooled some people. Everybody laughed and we went on with our lives. If you want to believe that this is a joke that's fine with me. Stop posting and sit back and laugh. In the mean time, I'm going to prepare my case which I'm not worried at all about, because I know this will be laughed out of court. If you have something to add please do. If not just sit back and laugh.
ONCE? Aaahahahaha

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 20 2005,6:38)]Since when is a rat a pet?  I think of them more as targets, for nicer creatures (hawk anyone?)
Oddly enough, the only people on this discussion forum that I am aware who keep rats as pets are: Trapper7, Prizmbatch, Wicked Thistle, and Unknownclown. Notice a pattern?

Only a couple more days till April Fools!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 21 2005,6:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 20 2005,6:38)]Since when is a rat a pet?  I think of them more as targets, for nicer creatures (hawk anyone?)
Oddly enough, the only people on this discussion forum that I am aware who keep rats as pets are: Trapper7, Prizmbatch, Wicked Thistle, and Unknownclown. Notice a pattern?
I used to have 12 pet rats now I only have 6. But I still love them as the great pets they are. They are like dogs without the barking and jumping on people.

I don't know someone mentioned rats as pets. My rule of thumb is any mammal that is smaller then my foot (rats, small dogs, mice) (not bats certainly) well I guess thats all are considered rats miniture or otherwise and they should not be used for anything other then rajah food. YEs I see the pattern.
BTY Ozzy seriously tell us how it goes. I am almost positive any sane judge will laugh it out of court. Bring anything in that will make the plants seem less "threatening". You could be like Ivan Snyder and bring in a pot of capensis (without any bugs) and lick a leaf or two. Obviouly without any bugs means don't have any on those leaves. I wold advise you not to bring in any books, or at least don't point out the parts about eating rats, etc. Oh yeah I copy of endangered Cps of the US might help to prove that they live here and are safe. Just google it.

you would feed a small dog to a rajah? GASP!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
YOU MONSTER!
lol... so you don't like fish, lizards, frogs, salamanders, etc either? have you ever kept them? they're cool...

Uhh I said mammal. Lizards do supply my neps with food. Well the anoles that live here.

Wow, God bless America eh? Ozzy, I think you should bring a rajah pitcher to court with a Cabbage Patch doll stuffed in it.
Seriously, though, there's plenty of literature out there that explains (and I think this is in the Savage Garden) that Neps rarely ever capture mammals to begin with, and that it's thought to be more or less accidental. Do you even have pitchers that are mammal-sized? There are plenty of stunts to pull too - besides licking a sundew, what about drinking Nepenthes nectar?
Another thought would be to call poison control and ask them to refer you to the toxicology data for your plants... if anybody would have that kind of information, it would be them. I think the only thing you have to worry about is whether or not your plants are particularly toxic. I can't believe that anybody, especially someone as educated as a judge, would think that your plants could pose a trapping threat to anything but feeder mice and ant farms.
Good luck,
~Joe

Um...No I don't see the pattern.Could you explain it to me?*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Mar. 21 2005,9:15)]Um...No I don't see the pattern.Could you explain it to me?*Niki*
Oh, they're all west of the Mississippi River. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Mar. 21 2005,7:55)]I can't believe that anybody, especially someone as educated as a judge, would think that your plants could pose a trapping threat to anything but feeder mice and ant farms.
A law degree, IMHO, does not neccessarily mean somebody is particularly well-educated.

Good luck today Oz. I think this is really sketchy. The part about “or plant” being written in probably negates the whole thing. Any public ordinance has to be PUBLIC. It can't be modified to suit an individual circumstance. We have a similar ordinance in our township bylaws, but it doesn’t mention plants, only animals. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that court room today. If you need a “professional” witness from a leading botanical garden, give me a shout…

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 19 2005,4:05)]Your landlord is crazy.  Bring in a couple plant and a picture of your dog.  I would recommend your Vft and biggest pitchered nep,etc.  Demonstratte that they cannot "eat you".
Oh yes, and maybe have a go at the landlord as well..."Your honour, maybe you would want to try for yourself to see that the (man eating) plants are not, as the prosecutor says, dangerous? *Offers a large N.rajah pitcher filled with bug carcasses to him*...

There isn't a case to make really. No white haired judge in their right mind would charge you for keeping plants. But then again you never know what kind of crazy ppl might be out there...we should know as cpers...
smile_m_32.gif
Well good luck anyway, and make sure for all logic that you win, because if you don't I WILL CRY, whether for sadness or humour I don't know.

Alright, speaking of fangs, maybe your landlord is justified if he saw your bicalarta...lol

Weird......chicks dig rats.
confused.gif

I am a bit curious to hear what a judge thinks of this matter

I have been served papers that had individually been written on by the sheriff serving the papers. I don't thinking handwriting on it makes a difference.

Joe

I'm sorry Ozzy. First time I've gotten a chance to reply. That really sucks.
smile_h_32.gif
They sound like a bunch of idiots.

I wish you good luck in court. Let us know how you fared. If you need me to bail you out jail, gimme a call. I got some files and hacksaws.
biggrin.gif

Back