What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Was the "notice" you got that you posted in your first message completely made up? Or did you get your hands on a real notice and just added "or plants" to it?
I found one on the internet and added some of my own laws to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry-Rice @ April 01 2005,12:22)]I'm not considered a "prankster" so much as an "instigator", but I must bow to Ozzie on this one. Man, did I ever get suckered this time.

Barry
I got caught hook line and sinker as well... I even emailed Barry to get him involved before I knew the whole story. After Ozzy filed me in, I figured I would jump in with both feet and "write a letter"...

My wife’s birthday is today, so I Love a good April fool!

Steve

Very, very nice!  I love it.  I unwittingly contributed with my story of the couple fearful that flytraps could hurt their kid's fingers. BUT...I did not make that up.  I think we all should send our spare U. subulata and D. capensis as a reward.

Another Joe
smile_n_32.gif

Hmmmm...I wonder if "Barry-Rice" is really....SUNDEW MATT in disguise!

Hawhawhaw!!  
laugh.gif

errr...sorry Barry.  
smile_m_32.gif

Ha, told you guys! Ozzy had me scared last year though, about his cp bog catching all the neibors pets!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L @ April 01 2005,12:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry-Rice @ April 01 2005,12:22)]I'm not considered a "prankster" so much as an "instigator", but I must bow to Ozzie on this one. Man, did I ever get suckered this time.

Barry
I got caught hook line and sinker as well... I even emailed Barry to get him involved before I knew the whole story. After Ozzy filed me in, I figured I would jump in with both feet and "write a letter"...

My wife’s birthday is today, so I Love a good April fool!

Steve
I emailed Barry AND Charles Clarke. He is probably in the field, so I hope he reads all his email and see's my retraction...

I have to admit I am fooled
smile_n_32.gif
. I was a believer until you told me not to post on CPUK which kinda gave me some doupts. Zongyi

lol... willing contributor here, though I must admit, I came in late. though I can't figure out how, this topic escaped my view for weeks!

Nice!

lol. I knew it! that part about you being so hurt if they really thought so was just too obvious.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I don't think it's fair to set up April Fool's jokes two weeks ahead of schedule. I'll give you a day, but two weeks?
true... it's april fools not march fools :p

well i felt that the polite thing to do just incase was offer advice- but i dont trust ozzy anyway.

You know something Finch, let's not be too harsh in judging him and separate the behavior from the "boy" so to speak. I see no ill will here. There was no intent to degrade or humiliate anyone and I have to admit I got taken too. I hear people's stories all the time and it is often difficult separating fact from fiction because when it happens to them... they tend to manufacture reality. I don't believe for one instant 0zzy has a malicious bone in his body and I certainly don't believe him to be unworthy of anyone's trust.

My girlfriend hates my obsession with my CPs and she was even wrapped up in this thread!
Well done Ozzy!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I certainly don't believe him to be unworthy of anyone's trust.
Except for around this time of year.

Hey don't be tough on Finch, I don't even trust me half the time.

Ozzy is entirely trustworthy.  If you end up not trusting every person who pulls an April Fool's joke on April 1st, then you're going to end up not trusting a lot of people.  lol

Certainly Ozzy wasn't expecting the tidal wave of support he got for the "situation."  So its not like he intended to get people upset or anything.

I think it was a masterfully planned and well executed joke that managed to catch almost everybody in its net.  
biggrin.gif

We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes when we feel a little foolish.  
smile.gif

crap and i was ready to go to ohio and rip new ones! o well! next?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ozzy had me scared last year though, about his cp bog catching all the neibors pets!

Oh yeah, I remember that one.. that was freaky as hell.

I was skeptical from the beginning with this one, really... I half-believed him and half-didn't, but to play it safe, I more or less kept to the Innocent Bystander status and just watched. I had no doubt that this country would do BS like this, but Ozzy's cheesy "I'm hurt you doubt me" guilt trips made me skeptical ^_^ It's amazing how you get to know people on the Internet so well to the point where you know how they normally talk, and when they say something in a way they don't normally say it, you know something's up.

i want offended... nor do i not really trust ozzy...
confused.gif
i guess the tone was misinturperted. i should have had a
smile_m_32.gif
at the end

Yeah, I've been in that situation many times.

I know Finch, I wasn't offened at all, other people was offend more by your comment then I was. I hope you really believe me.

Back