What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another auction

Just that, would you like to see another auction.

This again would be to raise money for the NASC. It will be run differently this time so that better track can be kept of the earnings. We have accepted that the money for the last auction is lost to us. We will start again, but much safer this time.

For those interested in having another, answer here.
Those that can supply plants or other related items, please email me.
I will get in contact with Ozzy and we will set up an auction committee.

Also I have a small list of names of people that are willing to help. You will be contacted during the next week with request for your aid. Thank you.

rwittpd@charter.net

money from the last auction is lost?
what? huh? why??!?

smile_k_ani_32.gif

I would love another auction, maybe il have another chance at getting a white leuc or somethin

EDIT: Maybe we could move this thread to general discusions so it will get more attention

Sounds good. Go ahead and move.

Yes! i have my wallet at the ready (woh.. i almost said pocketbook)

Yes, I have plants I've been waiting to donate. But we should know what happened to the proceeds from the last auction and what will prevent it from happening again. Open government is as important for NASC as it is for everything else.

Well it seems that Casper was in charge last time.I myself would feel better about sending money to someone more trust worthy.I would be up for another auction!I have a few plants to give for the auction.

Jerry

Exactly the problem. Casper has disappeared on us, and all attempts to locate him have been unsuccessful. He was in charge of the cash and everything else, and the money disappeared with him . Casper's name is mud as far as I am concerned, and I will not allow this deadbeat to be in charge of blowing his nose! Just so you know how I feel. And you are right. Open and honest always works with me. Casper was anything but, in my opinion. Phil has graciously offered his services to us, and we have other means in place to keep everything in check. Honesty works, and those are the folks we are looking for. Copper is handling the auction as she sees fit, and has my complete confidence. Casper, always had me worried, and I should have listened to the warning bells in my brain.
Shall we move on??

that'd be great!! depending on when the auction is I may be able to donate. And as Finch put it
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes! i have my wallet at the ready
I'm ready!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

BUMP! Trip! Fall! OWWWWW!

I'd gladly probably buy something..if it weren't too expensive. april.

Wow..I didnt know there was a problem with the money disappearing!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

did anyone have his real name and address?
we must have right? lots of people mailed money to him..
this is a crime!
a "report to the police and have this guy arrested" kind of crime.
how much money did he steal from us??
has anyone reported this to the police in whatever city he lives/lived in??
mad.gif

Scot

oh yeah..I would be interested in doing it again!
smilie4.gif

I dontated a plant last time, but I didnt buy anything..
maybe I can do both this time!
Scot

he stole it
confused.gif
why that little...
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Edit: NOBODY SAID CASPER STOLE ANYTHING! Please do not go around saying that without knowing the FACTS.

Can we send a police officer over to knock on his door?
or do we know he has moved?
I assume many people have already been discussing this among themselves, and not publicly on the forums..
(which makes sense)
Is Paul really MIA?
what efforts have been made to find him?

here are a few old posts I just dug up:

End of auction

Auction results

Update

September 16, 2004 was his last post.
looks like we have almost $2000 missing..
Scot

The officers of the NASC have discussed all of the options that we have. We also have a very good adviser, Copper. We have and are still working on the issue. Bugweed has asked to let this issue go for now and let us handle it. So any further discussion about this will be deleted.

So let's now look to the future.
Let's make this auction a big success.

Back to do you want another auction.

Back