What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me t_t

o man, im in big trouble, i got a virus or something on my moms comp, and she was in the middle of tax season T_T she does taxes for a lot of ppl, and it says every time she goes on that there a fatal system error
What should be done to get it fixed? is there a way the memory on it can still be preserved?
i hope so T_T we need that money shes making with her taxes
O man i feel so bad
someone anyone pls help
Hellz T_T

If you have the option, you could take the hard drive out, then slave it into another computer, using the second computer's OS to access the file system, or maybe even cleaning out the infected hard drive with the "clean" computer's antivirus system

I did this a few years ago when my totally unprotected machine got hit with the KLEZ worm... not sure if it would help, and it is sorta drastic, but it's better than not being able to sit down for months
biggrin.gif

I don't really know how to fix it but next time put the tax stuff/everything you don't want to be deleted (pictures, etc) on drive D. Then if you have to restore the system you just restore drive C which is where most if not all of everything is stored and you still have everything you saved on drive D.

I'd do what Mabudon said. Slaving the second HDD onto another comp would be your best bet. Just be careful not to transfer any infected files ;)

hmmmm, ok guys, thanks for your help
im gonna suggest that to my mom, i dont know that much about computers to do that kinda stuff
also, i found a forums for computers, and ima go and ask around there
thanks for your help, although the more suggestions the bettr
Hellz

What has happened ? Flippin through posts anymore I feel like I'm watchin reading rainbow.
smile_n_32.gif
Maybe I'm just gettin old now too, colorful print seems a little odd.

As for problem I agree with NepG and Mabudon,
I just did that very thing to save some things, but I slaved my F: and cleaned then nuked C: I have F: for backup and it came in handy, I sugggest everyone have a backup HD.

Joe

Hay Hellz here
lol, i agree about the rainbow, but it mixes things up namean?
anyways, my mom is gonna use the XP auto repair option thats comes with the intall operating system disc.
If that dooesnt work, then well prob have to use thie method everyone recomended
Thanks for all your help
Hellz

Can someone please tell me what T_T means??*Niki*

It's a face. When you try really hard, it kinda looks like it's crying: T_T See?

I was confused about that too but ok, I guess. I'm too old for knowing the face things people make with symbols.

Joe

X_X T_T $_$ ¬_¬

some of the faces I know
smile_n_32.gif

I see it!!! Thanks
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

O_O

...O_O...

o_O

...o_O

-_-

^_^

-_^

¬_¬

T_T

>_<

x_x

@_@

Some faces I know. Yes, Dino, I am rubbing it in your face -_^ By the way *I* taught you "¬_¬"

o  o
--------oooo--U--oooo------------

Dosen't display right, oh well

Just keep editing, it will eventually. Trust me, I know. On the Run With The Wind board I used to go to, for a while, every time somebody had a birthday, me or another member dude would make a detailed picture of something in a reply to the "Happy Birthday Thread" with only symbols and letters.

Back