Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Wesley, they do. ESPECIALLY the Bible. I'm not going to go into it here, but please feel free to PM me. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]How? you can't see him, you can't joke around, you can't TALK with him, etc.
    If you ask me it's more like a relationship between you and yourself (and I do have a nice relationship with myself lol... sometimes I piss me off... but hey, it's me so I can't stay mad at myself for long)
    You can talk to him, or you can talk with him. Sure, he usually doen't talk to you verbally, but hey, he's God, why should he? I would talk with you without speaking (or writing) if I could [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Also, nobody made friends just by asking for stuff [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]
    It hasn't lied to you because you base your beliefs on it.
    Hey man, guess why I base my beleifs on it?

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Circuitous argument, Peter.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Sure, he usually doen't talk to you verbally, but hey, he's God, why should he?
    lol... oh... just to save me from ETERNAL punishment. that's all.
    Quote[/b] ]Also, nobody made friends just by asking for stuff
    remember I said I thanked him too?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buddhism is a philosophy...not a religion. April

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 23 2005,4:05)]Buddhism is a philosophy...not a religion. April
    it is? wow then there are a lot of people who are seeking release form the cycle of reincarnation through a philosophy. Also there are millions of chinese who are being fooled by this "philosophy". if Buddhism is just a philosophy what qualifies something as a religion?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]lol... oh... just to save me from ETERNAL punishment. that's all.
    Well avoiding ETERNAL punishment is entirely up to you. Nobody is going to force it on you.

Quote[/b] ]Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
    And for anyone who wants to talk to me privately, please feel free to pm me, or if you have AIM, my screen name is: Caesalpinaguy

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Well avoiding ETERNAL punishment is entirely up to you. Nobody is going to force it on you.
    can't he make it a little easier to believe then? more than half the world isn't christian. are they all going to hell? He would be nice if he at least gave us some reason to believe.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast