What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets discuss beliefs

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True genetics can cause you to be that way, but just cause you are does not mean that you can't fight it. You can have a tendancy to be overweight but if you watch carefully you can fight it. Same with the tendancy to think of suicide. By the way most of the chemical are resessive sot the X and Y chromosome needs to be lowercase.
true... but that's not being fair. That's not being "all men were created equal". If you give someone tons of more mines in his path of life than the other guy and then punish the person for who exploded because it had tons more mines in his path... that's not being fair and I still say I know people nicer than God.
and the X and Y are chromosomes, not genes, so they're capital letters. only genes themselves are written in lowercase if they're recessive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]true... but that's not being fair

Who said anything was fair? The saying "life is seldom fair" suffices. My God is a just God, sometimes that's fair and sometimes it is nowhere near fair.

We all have difficulties in areas but not all the same differences. That's like haveing two apples. They look the same but one might be .003 ounces lighter and the other .006 ounces bigger. You give the smaller one to someone and they way it and get mad at you because it is not the same size as yours.

I don't know it was on the radio the other day. I have heard it a couple times

Oh I think I know what you meant AW, you thought I was talking about genetics be TRUE genetics. Sorry I was true(correct), genetics...

Sorry about that...

if your god is just, then he must be fair.

according to you, he isn't fair, therefore, not just.

Just is not always fair. You have your candy taken from you by you mom, it is just(it rots your teeth), but not fair(I wanted my candy!!!!!!!). Hope that helped. If you have been reading about FTG's predicimant(sp), that is also a good analogy, her grandparents may have a just cause behind making her work harder, but it does not seem fair to her because she is already making great grades. My God just doesn't require perfection cause He knows that we are completely incapable of being perfect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's like haveing two apples. They look the same but one might be .003 ounces lighter and the other .006 ounces bigger. You give the smaller one to someone and they way it and get mad at you because it is not the same size as yours.
no... it's like you being an omnipotent, omniscient being that is able to make anything go his way (make a quadrillion apples exactly the same) but instead you give some people half an apple, others a big juicy apple, others a rotten apple, others no apple, etc. and then punishing the people that got sick from the rotten apple because you just decided to.
that's not just NOR fair.
remember god is ALL POWERFUL. he could make anything possible. he could make people's personalities not have anything to do with genes... or at least bypass the genes somehow. yet... he makes it unfair and unjust by giving some people a rotten apple while others a nice juicy apple.

amen!

Hmm, it usually starts rotten till you go to Him... then it just like a Pink Lady(my fav). Is He gonna punish someone in the middle of the jungle in the middle of Africa because they believe that there is a higher being but they don't know why, and never get the opportunity to actually be evangalized? I think not, I've heard of many instances like the above mentioned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmm, it usually starts rotten till you go to Him...
I didn't know believing in god changed your genes.

It doesn't, but wether you are convicted criminal or a retard, you can still go to Him. And before we go off on retards not being capable of it, we wouldn't be giving them the credit they deserve, they are COMPLETLY incoppetent(SP).

lmao

you mean aren't

lol!...
but even christians get depressed and commit suicide

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 26 2005,1:00)]Canibalism reminds me of a song:
"do you smell what I smell
A child
A child
Dinner's on the way
Yum Yum Yum, Yum Yum Yum (refrain)
Do you hear what I hear
A child
A child
Screaming in the dark
(refrain)
Do you see what I see
A child
A child
roasting on a spit
(refrain)
do you taste what I taste
A child
A child
disolving in my mouth
(refrain)
Yum Yum Yum, Yum Yum Yum.

Well it's funny when you hear it, gets stuck in your head and unfortunatly you may start to sing it. (Not a good tune when volunteering with Small children)  
smile.gif
That reminds me of a song: "I Eat Cannibals" by Total Coelo. I'll bet no one knows it!

if hitler isn't going to hell... who is?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He has. When He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." he was referring to the people who crucified Him.
he calls himself father? lol.
a father had a son which was the father but called his father father... but his father was himself so he called himself father? did the father call his son which was himself son?

Maybe I should rephrase that. Hitler was unrepentent. He will be in a place worse than Camden, NJ. But so are the people who crucified Jesus. Anybody who asks forgiveness for their sins will be forgiven, no matter how heinous it is. What I poorly attempted to convey is that the potential for forgiveness is ever there - but it requires a person to realize and ask forgiveness.

Luis, you are getting hung up on the "trees". You are missing the "forest". The analogy provided, several pages ago, illustrates illustrates that God can "wear 3 hats" at the same time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Luis, you are getting hung up on the "trees". You are missing the "forest". The analogy provided, several pages ago, illustrates illustrates that God can "wear 3 hats" at the same time.
I get how he can be three at once but would you call yourself father and son? that's just weird. lol.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hitler was unrepentent. He will be in a place worse than Camden, NJ
are you not allowed to say hell? I know some people don't want to say God either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 26 2005,9:08)]He has. When He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." he was referring to the people who crucified Him. Taking that concept into consideraion, it is consistent and logical that He would do likewise with Hitler.
Shouldn't we forgive him too? Isn't learning to become like Jesus what we should all be aspiring to?

so... didn't anyone read my post about souls?
and wesley... have you asked your priest about the documents?

Back