Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most consider the instructions to be the Bible. Hence the acronyme(sp) Basic Intsructions Before Leaving Earth. But since we obviously don't believe in the Bible, I guess we can all be like the "typical" male(I think we had a discussion on that though), and we are gonna forget the instructions on how to get through the minefield called Life
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 23 2005,6:36)]
    Quote[/b] ] Will God really send more than half the people in the world to hell because he obviously didn't give us a good reason to choose christianity over other religions?
    Nope, he will only hold us accountable for what we know. And there isn't really anything about choosing other religions over Christianity. God gave us instructions at the beginning, and then men made up religions.
    Wesley,

The bible was written by mortal men. Hence the names of the chapters...and subject to the prejudices and experiences of the person/s who wrote it. Notice that none of the chapters are called god. If god was skilled enough to call this world into being...don't you think he would be able to write the bible himself? Why did he need John and Paul and Leviticus, et. al, to be his mouth-pieces? HE is all powerful. Allegedly. HE knows every sparrow that falls. Allegedly. HE can't write a book?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and why did he favor them over us? that doesn't sound like "all men were created equal" to me. not to mention some people have never even heard of the bible.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The bible was written by mortal men.
    The Bible was written by normal men, who were inspired by God. You'd be hard pressed to find ten men throughout history to independently write books in complete agreement with each other.

Peter
    the cellist

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 23 2005,9:17)]
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 23 2005,6:36)]
    Quote[/b] ] Will God really send more than half the people in the world to hell because he obviously didn't give us a good reason to choose christianity over other religions?
    Nope, he will only hold us accountable for what we know. And there isn't really anything about choosing other religions over Christianity. God gave us instructions at the beginning, and then men made up religions.
    Wesley,

The bible was written by mortal men. Hence the names of the chapters...and subject to the prejudices and experiences of the person/s who wrote it. Notice that none of the chapters are called god. If god was skilled enough to call this world into being...don't you think he would be able to write the bible himself? Why did he need John and Paul and Leviticus, et. al, to be his mouth-pieces? HE is all powerful. Allegedly. HE knows every sparrow that falls. Allegedly. HE can't write a book?
    Why was that directed to me? I think rubra wrote that one? Give the REAL author his just reward! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] And actually Moses wrote Leviticus. He had men write the books because well, it would be much easier to identify with a human than a God. Oh and the original Ten Commandments(not the ones some idiot judge removed cause they happened to mention God), were written by God. Moses messed up(he's human) and broke them in anger when he saw what the rest of Israel had been doing in his absense.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] there was a religion called nature freak..that would be mine
    Yes, Luis and aprilh are Druids
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beleive that feeling of conectivity, tghet feeling of anothr suprememe being through wich all things are tied to (AKA god and the feelings people say they get from 'being in his precence') Is all in the person's head. It isnt just god but whatever feeing that gives you that specal charge. Ypu religous people know what im taling about.

I iave seen that there is some evedence to suggest that it is a relese of chemicals from the brain that gives that feeling, and that depending on ur beleife, this chemical charge can be obtained in any number of ways. This is also affected by genetics, some having a stronger or weaker relese of these chemicals depending on the genes you gave inhereded, as well as your upbringing.

Thats what i beleive, unless evidence can prove/disprove. i admit while it it a tantlizing finding, i have yet to see the same results dupliated in others. Bening reletevly recent, i expect to see more information on this subject soon.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in God. I believe in the same awesome God in which Christians place their faith. I do not believe Jesus Christ was the son of God. I do not believe in the existence of Hell.

Forget the Merlot April honey, pass me a Mike's Hard Lemonade or a nice cheap glass of a decent table wine. Preferably a white zinfandel.