Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My next question is why are most of the major religion's god(s) men? Is it just me or...
    I haven't noticed that... although I have noticed that the crazy fanatics are usually men.
    I'm guessing that since many major religions put men higher than women (don't tell me it doesn't because it does), women tend to disagree more so they don't become such fanatics.

as for the water example, what the heck is tritium, deutrium and protium? lol.
    I think of it as not jesus being god, the holy spirit being god, and god being god, more like jesus and the holy spirit being PARTS of god. to tie it to the water analogy- you may have a cube full of water... one part of it is ice, the other is liquid, and the other is vapor. the cube itself can be three things. liquid, gas, and solid... but each one of them isn't by itself all three.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]in fact, god could very well be a woman, but they said she was a man because the men were always in power. because back then no one could worship, much less respect, a woman.
    i've always wondered... why does god need testicles, a male reproductive organ, and a beard?
    lol... besides... if he created life by itself... then it must be a female because only females can do parthenogenesis :P
    edit: LOL!!! "male reproductive organ"... that was the filter...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, the whole point of trinity is they are three seperate being at one time, and the same being at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H-1, H-2, H-3. Not elements isitopes of elements. H-1 is typical hydrogen. H-2 is used to make "heavy water" which can be used in Nukes instead of graphite. H-3 is radioactive. I don't remember what it is used for though. H-1 = about 97%, H-2 =2.8%, H-3=0.2%. Thats aproximatly. Anyway my analogy was to show that 97% of christians say things that indicate at least 3 gods but beleve in one. 2.8% say one god but beleve in two (This includes jesus, FYI). 0.3% say two gods and mean two gods. This of course is only approximate sicne 2-3 gods would be a debate but I dout many people use holy ghost or whatever and say it in godly form.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the holy spirit is just a metaphor and not to be taken litterly, myself. like the "holiday spirit"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you know all anchient religions (most with multiple gods) worshiped a "mother Nature" figure that was female, and created nature and most had her create people and make them fetile. So Men gods are new in importance. I will not argue that Zeus was not important but more important to peoples existances was the female "Earth Mother"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh so it's like the spirit of the law. Not the ghost of a policeman but the general attitude and feel.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 24 2005,4:42)]I believe in God. I believe in the same awesome God in which Christians place their faith. I do not believe Jesus Christ was the son of God. I do not believe in the existence of Hell.

Forget the Merlot April honey, pass me a Mike's Hard Lemonade or a nice cheap glass of a decent table wine. Preferably a white zinfandel.
    So then what would you consider yourself?
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist