Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok...bandwidth waste, comin up.....

Laura, sure....I've got my $3.99 bottle of Walnut Crest..oh wait...this is a Cabernet Sauvignon. Leaving for Florida tomorrow @ 4AM. Cheers! Got a list of good bars to go to in Atlanta. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Mar. 24 2005,5:59)]i disagree because water cannot exist as a solid, liquid, and gas ALL AT ONCE. for example, you can't have one ice cube, while at the same time it's a cube of liquid water (which without a container or gravity, is impossible) and while it is a solid AND liquid, it's also water vapor (gas) at the same time. it's impossible.

and yes, they should have removed the ten commandments.
    As was said, it was just an analogy. but if ya don't like that one here's another one: It's a relational one. I have a father. I have a son. I also have a brother. I am all three at the same time.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]And please, don't give me that "This is a Christian nation" screed. Because it's not true. Treaty of Tripoli, anyone?
    Ha! That was about the furthest thing from my mind LOL. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on that note - Happy spring break everybody!
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ten Commandments don't belong on public buildings, or as installed monuments, ESPECIALLY in courthouses. I am an atheist, and if I go to court, and there's a big 10C monument there admonishing me to have NO GOD BEFORE the Christian god, and that was put there by the judge that I'm facing, then I'd feel I wasn't getting unbiased justice. In fact, I'd be violating a couple of the Commandments just because of my beliefs. I don't want the government or courts telling me I can't worship any other god, or idols, or make graven images, or a bunch of other stuff that's patently false for non-Christians.

Having said that, it's ONLY public/government buildings where I have any objections. I believe people should have the widest possible latitude to follow any of their beliefs, religious, philosophical, or whim-based, and they should be respected by all.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoo! REALLY! lets just chill and enjoy the warm weather [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Our Cp's sure are loving it!

ba ba ba ba ba i'm lovin' it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, that was a nice analogy.

April, we're packing too. I'm bringing a lap top this time. Pick up your phone in 5 minutes.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 24 2005,8:38)]Jim, that was a nice analogy.
    Thanks!

Hey, I just clicked on something that 13 cats, a hand, and your grow list. Oh, and something about guitars.