Likes Likes:  0
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]True genetics can cause you to be that way, but just cause you are does not mean that you can't fight it. You can have a tendancy to be overweight but if you watch carefully you can fight it. Same with the tendancy to think of suicide. By the way most of the chemical are resessive sot the X and Y chromosome needs to be lowercase.
    true... but that's not being fair. That's not being "all men were created equal". If you give someone tons of more mines in his path of life than the other guy and then punish the person for who exploded because it had tons more mines in his path... that's not being fair and I still say I know people nicer than God.
    and the X and Y are chromosomes, not genes, so they're capital letters. only genes themselves are written in lowercase if they're recessive.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]true... but that's not being fair
    Who said anything was fair? The saying "life is seldom fair" suffices. My God is a just God, sometimes that's fair and sometimes it is nowhere near fair.

We all have difficulties in areas but not all the same differences. That's like haveing two apples. They look the same but one might be .003 ounces lighter and the other .006 ounces bigger. You give the smaller one to someone and they way it and get mad at you because it is not the same size as yours.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know it was on the radio the other day. I have heard it a couple times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I think I know what you meant AW, you thought I was talking about genetics be TRUE genetics. Sorry I was true(correct), genetics...

Sorry about that...
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your god is just, then he must be fair.

according to you, he isn't fair, therefore, not just.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just is not always fair. You have your candy taken from you by you mom, it is just(it rots your teeth), but not fair(I wanted my candy!!!!!!!). Hope that helped. If you have been reading about FTG's predicimant(sp), that is also a good analogy, her grandparents may have a just cause behind making her work harder, but it does not seem fair to her because she is already making great grades. My God just doesn't require perfection cause He knows that we are completely incapable of being perfect.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]That's like haveing two apples. They look the same but one might be .003 ounces lighter and the other .006 ounces bigger. You give the smaller one to someone and they way it and get mad at you because it is not the same size as yours.
    no... it's like you being an omnipotent, omniscient being that is able to make anything go his way (make a quadrillion apples exactly the same) but instead you give some people half an apple, others a big juicy apple, others a rotten apple, others no apple, etc. and then punishing the people that got sick from the rotten apple because you just decided to.
    that's not just NOR fair.
    remember god is ALL POWERFUL. he could make anything possible. he could make people's personalities not have anything to do with genes... or at least bypass the genes somehow. yet... he makes it unfair and unjust by giving some people a rotten apple while others a nice juicy apple.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amen!