Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I should rephrase that. Hitler was unrepentent. He will be in a place worse than Camden, NJ. But so are the people who crucified Jesus. Anybody who asks forgiveness for their sins will be forgiven, no matter how heinous it is. What I poorly attempted to convey is that the potential for forgiveness is ever there - but it requires a person to realize and ask forgiveness.

Luis, you are getting hung up on the "trees". You are missing the "forest". The analogy provided, several pages ago, illustrates illustrates that God can "wear 3 hats" at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Luis, you are getting hung up on the "trees". You are missing the "forest". The analogy provided, several pages ago, illustrates illustrates that God can "wear 3 hats" at the same time.
    I get how he can be three at once but would you call yourself father and son? that's just weird. lol.
    Quote[/b] ]Hitler was unrepentent. He will be in a place worse than Camden, NJ
    are you not allowed to say hell? I know some people don't want to say God either.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 26 2005,9:08)]He has. When He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." he was referring to the people who crucified Him. Taking that concept into consideraion, it is consistent and logical that He would do likewise with Hitler.
    Shouldn't we forgive him too? Isn't learning to become like Jesus what we should all be aspiring to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so... didn't anyone read my post about souls?
    and wesley... have you asked your priest about the documents?
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Mar. 26 2005,8:46)]lmao

you mean aren't
    ooops, I was in a hurry cause some of my friends got on IM... at least you knew what I meant! LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]Quote (jimscott @ Mar. 26 2005,9:08)
    He has. When He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." he was referring to the people who crucified Him. Taking that concept into consideraion, it is consistent and logical that He would do likewise with Hitler.
    Shouldn't we forgive him too? Isn't learning to become like Jesus what we should all be aspiring to?
    I've never really heard of needing to forgive a dead person... much forgiving someone you've never met and hasn't affected(or is it effect... I always forget) your life. But then again if he did a(e)ffect your life then yea it would be a good idea to forgive him... as hard as it would be.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]much forgiving someone you've never met and hasn't affected(or is it effect... I always forget) your life
    yeah that's fine.
    and he did affect everyone although not directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 26 2005,10:06)]so... didn't anyone read my post about souls?
    I have more questions than answers on the subject (which is probably the way it should be).

If you want to look into the scientific study of reincarnation you should google Ian Stevenson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 23 2005,3:22)]
    Quote[/b] ]Each group is equally convinced they're that group. This can go on forever.
    Actually only people in one group actually know him. Every other monotheist group I know of considers God as some remote being, who's good will you have to earn.
    Yes, isn't that why Christians invented Jesus? To humanise your remote and angry god?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.