User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 257 to 264 of 329

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

  1. #257

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (droseradude @ Mar. 28 2005,3:08)]the only reason people aren't completely selfish is because of a sense in their head, (right and wrong)
    this sense of right and wrong is something that is created with in a culture, i can give a huge list of practices in other cultures you would find wrong, but are prefectly acceptable in that culture, look at the caste system in india, we find it awful that the people are forced to remain in a certain social status all their life because of who their parents are, but in that soceity it is accepted, and in alot of ways seen as the proper order of things. Conscience is culturally based. with out culture people would just do what ever they wanted to get what they wanted.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  2. #258

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ignoring what facts? probably thousands of people were named jesus or christ or whatever.
    and like I said I don't care if a guy named jesus christ that said he was the son of god existed. that still means nothing to me.
    for them to be talking about that guy, the time frame must be right, the events must be right, etc.
    and besides... I don't know where you got it from.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  3. #259

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 28 2005,3:39)]ignoring what facts? probably thousands of people were named jesus or christ or whatever.
    and like I said I don't care if a guy named jesus christ that said he was the son of god existed. that still means nothing to me.
    for them to be talking about that guy, the time frame must be right, the events must be right, etc.
    and besides... I don't know where you got it from.
    ok first off christ was not his name, he was jesus of nazareth(sp?). Christ comes from the greek word christos which means anointed one. if you dont care then why did you ask?
    third you have the name of the writer, Tacitus, the dates he was alive, and the name of the book it was in The Annals. Sorry i couldnt find a complete version of it online, but you know you could go to a library and find a copy of the Annals im sure. see the fact that you say you dont know where i got it from proves to me that you are ignoring things when i stated it right there in that post.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  4. #260

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]if you dont care then why did you ask?
    because I was promised some documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]third you have the name of the writer, Tacitus, the dates he was alive, and the name of the book it was in The Annals. Sorry i couldnt find a complete version of it online, but you know you could go to a library and find a copy of the Annals im sure. see the fact that you say you dont know where i got it from proves to me that you are ignoring things when i stated it right there in that post.
    so now i'm supposed to do the research for you? you're the one who's trying to prove to me that there are documents saying jesus existed. You're the one who says he found that quote and now can't find it. what makes you think i'm going to find it?
    and no, I didn't know where you got it from. I didn't know what annals ment!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  5. #261

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 28 2005,4:16)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]if you dont care then why did you ask?
    because I was promised some documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]third you have the name of the writer, Tacitus, the dates he was alive, and the name of the book it was in The Annals. Sorry i couldnt find a complete version of it online, but you know you could go to a library and find a copy of the Annals im sure. see the fact that you say you dont know where i got it from proves to me that you are ignoring things when i stated it right there in that post.
    so now i'm supposed to do the research for you? you're the one who's trying to prove to me that there are documents saying jesus existed. You're the one who says he found that quote and now can't find it. what makes you think i'm going to find it?
    and no, I didn't know where you got it from. I didn't know what annals ment!
    no your not doing any research for me, however if you do not believe what i say, as you seem not to, and you would like to check it out it is in The Annals(its a book) written by the roman Tacitus. What more do you want, would you like me to raise him from the dead and have him proffess it to you? i mean i am giving you all the information you should need, your ignorance(not meant in a degrading way) on the subject of Roman history is not my fault, the fact that you dont know what The Annals is isnt my fault, you wanted documents and there is one, i dont see what you want. its not that i cant find, there isnt a complete copy of The Annals online like i said in my last post, its not my fault.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  6. #262

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at least tell me the page or something so I don't have to read all of that to find it!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  7. #263

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I did the research for you. there are plenty of sites about it. sheesh. you make it seem so hard.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  8. #264

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 28 2005,4:34)]ok, I did the research for you. there are plenty of sites about it. sheesh. you make it seem so hard.
    yes i found it too, its in Annals 15.44, its not that its hard i just didnt have all the info infront of me

    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin....c=15.44

    there is a link to a complete set of it and to the right section
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •