Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I believe in ghosts.There's one in my room [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] And I don't believe in god,but I think there's life after death.I'm gonna be a dolphin,hopefully [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 22 2005,3:41)]christian historians? i want historians not christian historians.
    There are many myths out there... and christianity being the biggest religion is more prone to those myths. heck... someone even made a "jesus box" that fooled many scientists for a while. Then they cought the guy and there were tons of other things in museums and everything from that very same guy. He was also making other tons of artifacts. saying that there are documents that are in other languages is MUCH easier to both fake and believe. Besides, many of those documents would probably end up in the church and it's hard to get them out so they can be tested for authenticity.
    and since it's been a while... that adds even more doubts.
    and even if Jesus is mentioned, It doesn't really matter since I already think the probably did live. As I do think that most if not all of the temples and civilizations the bible talks about was little? I didn't fill more whole back then... nor happier)
    umm christian historians are actual historians who have their area of focus on christian mythology, many of whom are not christian. would you not believe the authenticity of a greek document because it came from a greek historian? and actully the area that the documents were found in were not under the control of the church when they were found, the near east was one of the first areas that the byzantines(eastern roman empire) lost control of.

So because christianity was not right for you, you have sworn off all religion? isnt that a pretty close minded approach to life? im not trying to start a debate nor am i trying to push a faith on you but i just think you should keep your mind open to other possibilities.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I'll have another glass of merlot.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pour one for me, April.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus did indeed exist (check out a history book for that time frame), however only Christianity believes him to be God. According to the nation of Islam he is considered a prophet in the Koran as was Mohammad and Moses to name but a few. As for the Jewish people he was just that one many hebrews.
    \"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.\" Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]"god" could make natural selection possible. I don't see how they are mutually exlusive.
    Nobody said they aren't...

Quote[/b] ]I feel perfectly whole and happy as I am (did I mention I was christian when I was little? I didn't fill more whole back then... nor happier)
    The "Christianity" that most people practice has little to do with the relationship God wants to have with each one of us. I know lots of people who dutifully go to Church and refrain from bad language and so on because it is "the right thing to do". Both you and I experienced that in our youth. Let me tell you, just having to follow rules never made me happy, either. If you practice the religion without the faith, you get the worst of both worlds.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..

I am a Christian, and by that, i mean 'Follower of Christ". I do not have a religion, Religion is Man's attempt to explain god, or the supernatural, I have a relationship with God that I know truly exists and permiates every fiber of me existence, like Rubra, I have no fear of death or poverty, I know Death takes me to where life truly begins (this life is nothing but a trial run) and I know that I don't need money to be happy, I have nearly lost everything material in my life before, it nearly destroyed my marriage, but my faith and my wifes faith pulled us through. That being said, I am a flawed being, I have never been able to kick the habbit of cussing (though I don't use God's name) I drink (but have never been drunk) and don't have problems with what a lot of 'christians' do.

I believe in ghosts, probably differently than most of you, I believe ghosts (as in human) are like an 'aftershock' of a violent death, i.e. a negative, and imprint of the persons last moments on their surroundings. My wife grew up in a house where at least once a month 'something' would go down a hallway and open all the linen drawers and doors. Oh, and by violent death, I don't mean it has to be a stabbing or rape or anything, I am sure if you are experiencing a fatal heart attack if feels pretty violent to you.

I also believe in Angels and Demons, laugh if you want, I have seen things in my life (no I will not go into them here) that have no earthly explanation, and have quite litterally scared me to my witts end.

When the bible says God created man in his own image, it does not mean God is walking around in heaven with two arms, two legs, and the other pre-requisite equipment. God made man in his own image, in three parts, Body, (jesus) spirit (Holy Spirit), Soul (the Father) three parts. Man is the only creation God created in this way (I include woman in this too.) That being said, there are I believe classes of animal, I truly believe a Dog knows how to love, and I hope (for purely emotional reasons that my pets will be with me in heaven) but I most certainly do not think the fruit fly I just smashed has one, and I can not see what purpose a plant would have for a soul.

AN interesting thing I think a lot of christians need to take to heart is a verse that says something to the effect of 'the trees and flowers of the field will call out my existence'. In other words, that creation is so marvelous, so awe inspiring that it will inspire and draw people to know God.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well spoken RP. I just recently read a thing where someone spoke of previous pets being in heaven, he even used scriptures to back it up.

ktulu,
    That was also very well spoken.

Now for me, my church and pastors have seen many supernatural things that should NOT happen or be seen. Dead men(women too) raised, defects healed(ie blindness limpness etc), sickness healed and simple "enlightenment" that allowed them to break through with someone. I would love to go into detail but I'm not sure that that would be a good idea, i don't think that stuff was meant to be broadcast but used as a personal tool for evangelism.
    Religion is a tuff thing to talk about... especially when it involves your "religion". True Christianity is a relationship with God, not your curch or another human. That defeats the point of being saved(born again). Born again is the spiritual dieing of the old sinful nature into a new spirtual nature where you can know and feel God. True you still sin(there's no way to be perfect), but at this point you really know that you sin and can choose to ask God for forgiveness.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast