What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets discuss beliefs

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
No one has explained yet whether the Christians worship 1.5 gods, 2 gods, or 3 gods. Since you know Jesus being the son of god would make him/it a demi god hence 1/2 of a god.

Oh yeah what about all those people that believe that Jesus was gay. Isn't that ironic. I mean hanging out with all those men and going all over the middle east with them and living in who know what manner.

he couldn't be gay, because according to the bible it's "detestible" and "sinful", so if he was then he wouldn't be the son of god. i never found any homo-erotic references.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh and the original Ten Commandments(not the ones some idiot judge removed cause they happened to mention God), were written by God.
so you think it was wrong to remove them? (hey... this is about beliefs too! :p ) I think it's wrong to support one religion over another. If they had many religions represented for the sake of showing how the US. is a "melting pot" then that would be another matter, but they don't. They have the ten commandments.

Tre, To the best of my knowledge, Christians worship one God. Here is an analogy I believe may beter enable you to understand how Christians may view their Father, Son, and The Holy Ghost. Think of water. Water can exist as a liquid, a vapor, and as a solid. Yet, it is all water. This is the example I use to help my children grasp the concept. The Trinity is actually less intimidating when viewed from this context and that illustration is beautifully simplistic in my opinion.

Well maybe the bible is actually meaning "don't act like Jesus". That of course probibly does not make sense to you but in my mind.
Well that's what my Grandmother's God-mother told me last time I visited her (she is aomewhere around 100). Interesting how old people are so wise. Oh yeah she's not allowed back at her bible study group so she made her own. They have 14 members.

Ah yes seperation of church and state is so hard for fundimentalist christians to grasp.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah what about all those people that believe that Jesus was gay.
maybe he wasn't gay but he sure was a liberal jew! didn't have kids, didn't marry, supposedly had long hair, etc...

i disagree because water cannot exist as a solid, liquid, and gas ALL AT ONCE. for example, you can't have one ice cube, while at the same time it's a cube of liquid water (which without a container or gravity, is impossible) and while it is a solid AND liquid, it's also water vapor (gas) at the same time. it's impossible.

and yes, they should have removed the ten commandments.

lol... I may not like religion, JLAP, but it's an analogy!
besides.. you may have a tub of water all at the same temperature and have gas, solid, and liquid stages. (they're just at equilibrium)... still all part of the "tub of water"

auctually, you h20 is made from 3 gas atoms... forgot. then those 2 make liquid.. but anyways, i meant you can't have 100% liquid, solid, and gas ice cubes.  anyways, it's just MY opinion, but i think religion is for the weak and desperate, or in most cases, closed minded and forcefed.  this is just MY opinion and if you don't like it, that's cool, but don't bash me because i RESPECT your opinion to have a religion.

Okay don't get it still, but whatever.

me either. i guess it's like trying to comprehend infinity. trinity, i mean.

I would like to counter with the example of tritium, deuturium, and protium (sp? for all). If water is made with all three is is not true water. You still have different types.
My next question is why are most of the major religion's god(s) men? Is it just me or...

huh? lost me on the elements..

because men have always ruled, even in today's america. it's sickening. in fact, god could very well be a woman, but they said she was a man because the men were always in power. because back then no one could worship, much less respect, a woman.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My next question is why are most of the major religion's god(s) men? Is it just me or...
I haven't noticed that... although I have noticed that the crazy fanatics are usually men.
I'm guessing that since many major religions put men higher than women (don't tell me it doesn't because it does), women tend to disagree more so they don't become such fanatics.

as for the water example, what the heck is tritium, deutrium and protium? lol.
I think of it as not jesus being god, the holy spirit being god, and god being god, more like jesus and the holy spirit being PARTS of god. to tie it to the water analogy- you may have a cube full of water... one part of it is ice, the other is liquid, and the other is vapor. the cube itself can be three things. liquid, gas, and solid... but each one of them isn't by itself all three.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]in fact, god could very well be a woman, but they said she was a man because the men were always in power. because back then no one could worship, much less respect, a woman.
i've always wondered... why does god need testicles, a male reproductive organ, and a beard?
lol... besides... if he created life by itself... then it must be a female because only females can do parthenogenesis :p
edit: LOL!!! "male reproductive organ"... that was the filter...

no, the whole point of trinity is they are three seperate being at one time, and the same being at the same time.

H-1, H-2, H-3. Not elements isitopes of elements. H-1 is typical hydrogen. H-2 is used to make "heavy water" which can be used in Nukes instead of graphite. H-3 is radioactive. I don't remember what it is used for though. H-1 = about 97%, H-2 =2.8%, H-3=0.2%. Thats aproximatly. Anyway my analogy was to show that 97% of christians say things that indicate at least 3 gods but beleve in one. 2.8% say one god but beleve in two (This includes jesus, FYI). 0.3% say two gods and mean two gods. This of course is only approximate sicne 2-3 gods would be a debate but I dout many people use holy ghost or whatever and say it in godly form.

Back