Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] one thing is believing in your friends and stuff and another is believing a book written thousands of years ago about a guy who rose from the dead. It's totally different. besides... you have reasons to believe someone. have they lied to you?
    No, come to think of it, God hasn't lied to me, and neither has the Bible. While some parts (such as the method of creation) are up to interpretation, there is not one flaw in truth in the whole Bible. And no, it's not just about a guy who rose from the dead a few thousand years ago. It's about a guy who's still around now. You're right, it is totally different believing your friends and stuff and beleiving a book. I can trust God to tell the truth even when nobody else does.

Peter
    the cellist

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AW,
    That's part of it. Did you do it out of sincerity or because that's just how it was supposed to be done?
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]No, come to think of it, God hasn't lied to me, and neither has the Bible
    It hasn't lied to you because you base your beliefs on it.
    Quote[/b] ]That's part of it. Did you do it out of sincerity or because that's just how it was supposed to be done?
    well, I was little and I really believed it. But like Frederick Douglass said (I got this from wikipedia)
    Quote[/b] ] I prayed for freedom twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I did pray and ask for things and thanked "him" and everything... is that what you mean?
    Its more like a relationship between you and your best friend
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? you can't see him, you can't joke around, you can't TALK with him, etc.
    If you ask me it's more like a relationship between you and yourself (and I do have a nice relationship with myself lol... sometimes I piss me off... but hey, it's me so I can't stay mad at myself for long)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats my point alpha. That you are correct in we beleve what we want to. Because there is no reason christians should beleve anything any more then hindus. They were more then likely raised that way and then continued to want to beleve in their "religion".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is you can't have religion without wanting to believe. Soem religions just fit better and others (like mine) I came to conculsions through analasys of data. There by basing mine on Knowledge. Its not like scientists can see electons but we know they are there. So would it not be a belief that they exist even though we have knowledge about it?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that a few ignorant people can screw everything up for the rest of us. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast