What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How old is your oldest cp?

• Thread starter Frogger
  • Start date
Just curious to see how many years people have been able to keep their CP's alive and thriving!  

My oldest one is a Green Dragon that I purchased from this site in July 2002.  
VERY ALIVE AND WELL  
smile.gif

Err, a VFT from '99

My oldest nep is 1.5 years old. Its a truncata that I bought from Dean. Its amazing how much I've progressed in this short time. Although I only grow neps now, I did grow sarras and others before I switched to the royalty....

My first CP, an D. capensis that i bought as a tiny baby only 2" wide is now a big ole flowering monster. That was about 1.5 years ago.

Well my oldest are probably Adrian Slack cultivars such as 'Lynda Butt' and 'Evendine'. They're about 30 years old in theory.

I know I have a few VFT's that I have had 10 years now!
but im not sure which ones..I never kept track.
they are in there somewhere! ;)
and I also have one nep and probably 4 or 5 sarracenia that have been with me 7 or 8 years.

Scot

well i have an H. nutans that I estimate is probably 11-12 years old but I've only grown it almost 2 months
The one I'd have to say ive had the longest is my S. rubra spp. gulfensis Crestview, FL, that one came from florida, almost all my collection died in shipping, but they stayed alive

ummm, my oldest is my typical VFT which I have had for over 1 year and 3 months now

About 4-5 yr old VFT, and some sarrs.

A VFT I've had for maybe 2 years.

We have had this one before. I still have my very first VFT from 1979..

I have a D. capensis (alba) I got from a friend in June 2002.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mike King @ Mar. 22 2005,2:06)]We have had this one before. I still have my very first VFT from 1979..
You have a 26-year-old VFT?

The actual, original plant, or clones of it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,11:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mike King @ Mar. 22 2005,2:06)]We have had this one before. I still have my very first VFT from 1979..
You have a 26-year-old VFT?

The actual, original plant, or clones of it?
bobz has a 50 year old

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have had this one before. I still have my very first VFT from 1979..
thats pretty good, you must have done your homework
smile.gif

My S. minor from when we went to North Carolina Botanical Gardens when we were in NC visiting my uncle.. I have no idea how old it is, because it was pretty much mature when I got it, but I've had it for a couple years. It's alive and...... well, it's alive.

My N. truncata and S. purpurea spp. venosa have been with my since I started CPing now 5 yrs ago. The truncata is older however, I'm guessing its at least 10 plus years old.

Green Dragons from Spring 2002. Originally it was 2 plants and maybe 3 plants, now there is at least 4 plants in the pot.

N. ventricosa and D. adelae july 25, 2002. My VFTs that I had from 2001 got froze this last winter before I got them into the ridge for dormancy. They be history now I think.

Back