0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,6:58)]
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,3:56)]
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:55)]Why can you have your jokes and fun and yet you take away ours?
    This little joke of ours doesn't cause hours of "wasted" time to people.
    Wasted time? So you feel your time here is wasted?

Simple solution. Don't "waste" your time looking at the threads. People will use the report button if it gets out of hand.
    that actually has merit to it. There is a "report this post" feature isn't there?

I do however disliked the games. They annoyed me, no banana man for me
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:58)]
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:55)]Why can you have your jokes and fun and yet you take away ours?

Simple solution. Don't "waste" your time looking at the threads. People will use the report button if it gets out of hand.
    No. They don't. "they" think the post is okay. So they leave it unreported. Then somene comes along.. Say a lurker for example. Reads it... Is offended or whatever. POOF they are gone. and we never even know they were here. Look at the post you brought up earlier in this topic. You knew there was one that we would consider "not allowed" did you report it? Nope. you proved my point. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,4:01)]
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:58)]

No. They don't. "they" think the post is okay. So they leave it unreported. Then somene comes along.. Say a lurker for example. Reads it... Is offended or whatever. POOF they are gone. and we never even know they were here. Look at the post you brought up earlier in this topic. You knew there was one that we would consider "not allowed" did you report it? Nope. you proved my point. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Andrew
    Says who?

I do report. Well used to. But I was called a tattle tale and a whiner by the mods who got the reports. Oh the humanity. Point proven, thanks.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly I find this topic disturbing. I have been a member here for a long time. I find this forum to be an invaluable source of information and friendship. To be honest, I very rarely read the crap that gets posted in GD because it is simply that.. crap. All the people I see in this thread complaining about how unfair the mods treat them makes me laugh because every single one of you would have been warned at least once by me if it were my place to do such things. I detest it when people make 1 word posts to topics, post to repeat information that was just given in the post above.. ect ect. This is a forum for discussing cultivation of carnivorous plants. Its not a war to see who can get the highest post count. Personally I have more respect for the guy that has 50 posts that give good advice and assistance to the CP community than the ones with thousands of posts that say "nice" "cool" and all that useless drivel that wastes forum space and mods time. I understand that its basic human nature to want to be seen and heard, but at some point you have to step back and say "Is this post going to further this topic, or am I just wasting space?" Excercise some self control here people!!

The bottom line is this, this is Phil's forum, not ours. He has assigned the responsability for maintaining it to the people he feels are appropriate for the job. You agreed to the terms of service for this forum, which includes mods doing what mods do, when you joined up. If you dont like it, either bear it in silence, discuss it privately with them, or dont visit these forums anymore.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt a lurker would leave because of something he saw. Seriously, what other forums are you guys a member of? this forum f'n daycare kindergardarn finger paint land style. Not that finger paint land is bad, just lighten up when something against the grain presents itself.....
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,5:03)]Says who?

I do report. Well used to. But I was called a tattle tale and a whiner by the mods who got the reports. Oh the humanity. Point proven, thanks.
    LOL, I can recall some of the things you reported... They WERE NOT up to the importance of cuss words and such. they were like "his avatar is too big a file" "why is this guys signature image so large" things like this. Of course I dont' know all of them that you reported... Only some. so sure... Maybe you did report some that REALLY needed to be reported. BUT not all of them. it only takes one to offend someone.
    -Andrew

Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Mar. 22 2005,4:04)]Frankly I find this topic disturbing. I have been a member here for a long time. I find this forum to be an invaluable source of information and friendship. To be honest, I very rarely read the crap that gets posted in GD because it is simply that.. crap. All the people I see in this thread complaining about how unfair the mods treat them makes me laugh because every single one of you would have been warned at least once by me if it were my place to do such things. I detest it when people make 1 word posts to topics, post to repeat information that was just given in the post above.. ect ect. This is a forum for discussing cultivation of carnivorous plants. Its not a war to see who can get the highest post count. Personally I have more respect for the guy that has 50 posts that give good advice and assistance to the CP community than the ones with thousands of posts that say "nice" "cool" and all that useless drivel that wastes forum space and mods time. I understand that its basic human nature to want to be seen and heard, but at some point you have to step back and say "Is this post going to further this topic, or am I just wasting space?" Excercise some self control here people!!

The bottom line is this, this is Phil's forum, not ours. He has assigned the responsability for maintaining it to the people he feels are appropriate for the job. You agreed to the terms of service for this forum, which includes mods doing what mods do, when you joined up. If you dont like it, either bear it in silence, discuss it privately with them, or dont visit these forums anymore.

Steve
    Point is they practice favoritism. So I clicked the I agree button over 4 years ago. It's changed since then. Dramaticly. Sadly. I had 5000 GOOD posts, and was thrown away like trash.

The General Discussions isn't for discussing plant care. It's for nearly anything you darn well want to talk about. Who gives about post count? This is why most OTHER forums have a REP system.

Exactly. That's why 9/10ths of the members here don't even post anymore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,5:04)]I doubt a lurker would leave because of something he saw. Seriously, what other forums are you guys a member of? this forum f'n daycare kindergardarn finger paint land style. Not that finger paint land is bad, just lighten up when something against the grain presents itself.....
    eh, I don't exactly get what you are trying to say here... But, I also belong to forums of Ferrets, gas RC cars, and electric planes. Not too sure what this has to do with anything... But thanks for asking. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Andrew
    -Andrew

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast