What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one bites the dust

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:54)]Does this mean we can do game topics again?

Wahoo
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Normally we would all be squared for this
confused.gif
How does it say that?? Because I said "Have fun"? ..no. lets not start game topics right now....

And stop joking arround. You would not normally be squared for this. Unless this was locked. And you went and opened a new one asking why that one was locked etc etc. but just chatting about it like this appears to be okay. ...so far. (i'm getting kinda tired trying to keep up here! are we almost done!!!?? lol)

*Growls*

That defeats the whole purpose of this
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Mar. 22 2005,3:56)]What about shape? I am specifically atracted to hexagons.
Oh, come on... no. they are like they are. Period. Can't change them at all...

So just beige squares? Darn. Well, then I'll try not to get one.
smile_o_32.gif

*Starts chanting*

We want game topics!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,3:09)]I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?
Since you bring it up...  And I'm the one that warned you...  let me give my side of this story.  
smile.gif
 You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post.  Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page.  (cussing and such)  That is why you were warned.  Not for saying "tee hee"  I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it.  But it never even mentions "teehee".  

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"...   Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew
No, he brought up a 2 year old topic by dustin, and said "Tee-Hee".. I saw it the second he posted it...

innapropiate web page with cussing.. and why wasn't the thread on "souls" locked, with the link where the devil swears very badly?

Seems they give out false testimonies now as well?
Well, his "warning" which you see by his name is from me, not for that.  I have never seen the thread which you refer to.  I don't have time to look at everything.  
smile_n_32.gif
 if you saw it.  And noticed something...  Perhaps you should have let a mod know?.....
Andrew
Well de point is, the topic was deleted
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:59)]*Starts chanting*

We want game topics!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Remember back when people could post polls? Then we had to take them away because everyone started dumb polls? ...Chanting won't help you. But chill out and wait for some mods to come home from work, and we'll talk about what is going on here....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,3:09)]I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?
Since you bring it up... And I'm the one that warned you... let me give my side of this story.
smile.gif
You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post. Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page. (cussing and such) That is why you were warned. Not for saying "tee hee" I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it. But it never even mentions "teehee".

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"... Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew
No, he brought up a 2 year old topic by dustin, and said "Tee-Hee".. I saw it the second he posted it...

innapropiate web page with cussing.. and why wasn't the thread on "souls" locked, with the link where the devil swears very badly?

Seems they give out false testimonies now as well?
Well, his "warning" which you see by his name is from me, not for that. I have never seen the thread which you refer to. I don't have time to look at everything.
smile_n_32.gif
if you saw it. And noticed something... Perhaps you should have let a mod know?.....
Andrew
Well de point is, the topic was deleted
confused.gif
Yes, it was deleted. And he was warned for posting it... What's the question? You are telling me what I know. Ii'm the one that did it. :-\

some mods take their jobs wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. and i have seen namecalling but only one mod's done it so far.

the one where he said tee hee?

AMG!!!!!!!1111one oneone one one

AE has a square! Hes FAMOUS! *croud follows*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Mar. 22 2005,4:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,6:14)]the one where he said tee hee?
i won't specify
Why not?

I don't remember ever posting links to something vulgar material. Perhaps I did, But whatever. And there was some action that put a mod in a less the favorable light. But I thik we all know who that was.....

Ahhhhh.  Well.  I see.  You all seem to feel the moderators are mean, stupid little beasts out to get you all.

In light of the HOURS and HOURS and HOURS that every moderator puts into this forum without any kind of compensation or "perks", I'd say we are all wasting our time then.  We THOUGHT we were doing it for the community...to keep some kind of order and respect here.  We have to read EVERY post that's made...all the smileys, "tee hees", games, arguments, volatile discussions...every last WORD of it.  HUNDREDS of posts EVER DAY..thousands of words...hundreds of different personalities and situations.  And this is on top of "life"...work, kids, family, illness, school, hobbies, social life, extra jobs, tragedies, births, deaths...day in...day out...mornings, weekends, evenings.  All for YOU...the CP community...to keep open what *I* think is a pretty darn good place full of wonderful people.  We do not LIVE for this forum, we all have other lives which few of you know much about.  We donate what time we can because we CARE about it.

Obviously there are many of you who are perfect and who know EXACTLY what to do and say in EVERY situation.  You never make mistakes or err on the side of caution or in favor of the person who shells out a ton-a-money to keep this forum going.

So...I think all the mods should quit.  Close up the forums all together.  Phil can't monitor all the THOUSANDS of posts here by himself.  He can't keep this place running without help.  But apparently we all suck because we get a little tired of reading endless one line posts in game threads.

We can't be all things to all people.  All the moderators do the best they can and make decisions which they think suits the situation and will benefit the majority of the community.  And yes, moderators are human and don't always do the BEST thing.  We aren't lawyers, policemen or psychologists.  I think its a wonderful group of people who really do give a darn about this place and the people who make it what it is.

So...I say...thank you to my fellow mods for doing what *I* know to be a fine job.  
smile.gif
  I think perhaps our time might be better spent elsewhere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,4:36)]I don't remember ever posting links to something vulgar material. Perhaps I did, But whatever. And there was some action that put a mod in a less the favorable light. But I thik we all know who that was.....
I'll resend you the info on this in PM.
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 22 2005,3:37)]Ahhhhh.  Well.  I see.  You all seem to feel the moderators are mean, stupid little beasts out to get you all.
<span style='color:red'>well you make us feel that way</span>
In light of the HOURS and HOURS and HOURS that every moderator puts into this forum without any kind of compensation or "perks", I'd say we are all wasting our time then.  We THOUGHT we were doing it for the community...to keep some kind of order and respect here.  We have to read EVERY post that's made...all the smileys, "tee hees", games, arguments, volatile discussions...every last WORD of it.  HUNDREDS of posts EVER DAY..thousands of words...hundreds of different personalities and situations.  And this is on top of "life"...work, kids, family, illness, school, hobbies, social life, extra jobs, tragedies, births, deaths...day in...day out...mornings, weekends, evenings.
<span style='color:red'>Well, you dont HAVE to.. it's volunteered. That's why pft needs more mods. Mods that don't lock threads for every little reason, or just because they don't have the time to look at the topic. But then again, many of the very active mods were demoted, and the ones that are idle for months at a time kept.</span>
All for YOU...the CP community...to keep open what *I* think is a pretty darn good place full of wonderful people.  We do not LIVE for this forum, we all have other lives which few of you know much about.  We donate what time we can because we CARE about it.
<span style='color:red'>Occasionally. When it suits you.</span>
Obviously there are many of you who are perfect and who know EXACTLY what to do and say in EVERY situation.  You never make mistakes or err on the side of caution or in favor of the person who shells out a ton-a-money to keep this forum going.

So...I think all the mods should quit.  Close up the forums all together.  Phil can't monitor all the THOUSANDS of posts here by himself.  He can't keep this place running without help.  But apparently we all suck because we get a little tired of reading endless one line posts in game threads.
<span style='color:red'>Maybe. There's always CPUK. They seem to do it just fine.</span>
We can't be all things to all people.  All the moderators do the best they can and make decisions which they think suits the situation and will benefit the majority of the community.  And yes, moderators are human and don't always do the BEST thing.  We aren't lawyers, policemen or psychologists.  I think its a wonderful group of people who really do give a darn about this place and the people who make it what it is.

So...I say...thank you to my fellow mods for doing what *I* know to be a fine job.  
smile.gif
  I think perhaps our time might be better spent elsewhere.
<span style='color:red'>possibly</span>
ff

Sorry.. had to find it in my log.
smile_n_32.gif
You should have it by now.
andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:43)]You have no warning squares.
Warning squares? Is that what the little boxes under some people's avatars are?

Back