Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "mendel's law may be flawed"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i really dont see it as a flaw. like was stated its an addition to. plus how long ago was Mendels research? most of what the article discusses would have been quite difficult to understand or explain or even prove in Mendels time. it just shows that the world is far more complicated than we think it is [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on the money mt! I can only imagine what terrorism would look like if human kind had known what it knows now! LOL
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Mendel had studied watercress instead of peas, the results may have been so confounding that he may not have been able to develop his laws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, this is pure news sensationalism. Mendel's work isn't flawed from this finding. Evolution isn't flawed from this finding. They just found one plant which has a backup to certain functions. There are tons of redundancy and repairing built into DNA, ie some mutations can occur and not change the protein the DNA encodes for. The amount of interactions between proteins is staggering. This plant just has another gene or protein that helps recover from this one instance. I'm sure in the future you'll find a lot of plants/animals that have similiar genes that can be recovered from tampering.

This is just media playing off of the evolution/no evolution debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]This is just media playing off of the evolution/no evolution debate.
    the CONSERVATIVE media? lol
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh just FYI that finding was published in today's issue of "Nature". They are now theoriezing and experimenting with other plants to see if other plants can do it. If so they will move on to animals and then eventually humans. If it works for some things this will help genetic engineering/cloning babies enormously. Think about it, no more genetic diseases. The only bad thing is some good traits may also be eliminated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12