What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i check how much ram i have?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey all you computer savvyfolks, I've picked up this months issue of 3D World and it comes with a full suite of Cinema 4D R9 3D CGI modeling software (you just can't svae the stuff you create) and I'm not sure I have the 512 of Ram that it requires... How do I check my system for the RAM and everything without getting out the screwdriver and opening the tower? On my old computer there was an icon you could click on but this one (Compaq Presario SW4020WM) I can't seem to find anything that tells me what's inside.

Thanks for any info you might have on checking your system!

Depending on your Operating system... You should be able to right click on "My computer" and see it there under general. If not click on the performance tab...
Find it?
Andrew

hold down the windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and then press pause.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 23 2005,5:50)]Depending on your Operating system...   You should be able to right click on "My computer" and see it there under general.  If not click on the performance tab...  
Find it?
Andrew
You need to right click then click "properties", it's in there somewhere.

Thanks guys, I found it in My Computer> system information

I've only got 112 MB so it's time for Best Buy...
mad.gif

At least that stuff is way cheaper nowadays than it was in like 1995.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ Mar. 23 2005,10:07)]Thanks guys, I found it in My Computer> system information

mad.gif

What's your processor speed, BTW? You may need a whole new system...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 24 2005,1:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ Mar. 23 2005,10:07)]Thanks guys, I found it in My Computer> system information

mad.gif

What's your processor speed, BTW? You may need a whole new system...
I would agree, if your system came with that much stock then its likely got a slow processor as well. With programs that say the mininum of 512 it would probly be better to have more. Expecially with a program like that.

Late once again, but I see mine every time the computer boots up on one of those black screens. This one has, like, 64 RAM. *passes out*

My computer only has 32 MB of RAM please...feel lucky

...O_O...

how are you able to do anything with that amount of ram?

mine has 640 and I need more....

How? Like this.

Back