User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your views on....

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Mar. 23 2005,8:17)]And about the social skills thing, I'm online all the time TALKING and either way I'd rather skip out on a few social skills that i won't learn because my school district is full of total A-HOLES that would rather talk to walls than to me
    Online talking doesnt help, Im afraid.
    You need to learn body language and how to make proper friends in real life. Computers dont teach you body language or social skills.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I am all for schools that are trying different methods for teaching different kinds of kids.

Kids need to be in school. Statistics aside just look at the general populace of children and young adults. They spend the majority of their time outside of school sitting in front of some screen or another already. Even if teachers spend a large amount of time disciplining children.............Ummm........children need disciplin. What happens in the real world when a supervisor "disciplines" them? Are they gonna cry, break down, go postal, quit? Public schools prepare you for public life because most of us will spend our lives out in the public. Socializing, judging, working, eating, relaxing, having fun, etc....... these are things that are part of life. I really think social structure is needed for real life. As for bullying, I am sorry but this is also part of life. You can't go around hiding from every person out there that'll bother you or bully you for their own amusement. Life is full of 'em, thats the way it is. I think this sends a message of hiding from the negative aspects of REAL LIFE. Life is not fair,never was, never will be...........thats life.

I think online courses are great but thats after you've already learned the basics of life.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATE calling it bullying because that's not what it (always) is I would never give someone my lunch money or something stupid just because they say they're gonna beat me up. I'd just fight back and if I lose then whoopdie doo I got a black eye and claim self defense and they are in juvenile hall bawling their eyes out so I win. Also, I am 15 years old and I was 13 when I left public school, I'm pretty sure I've got all the social skills I need, I'm not talking about cyber school from K-12 I'm talking about in middle and highschool because those are the worst years for some kids. As for learning social skills, it's nearly impossible if the people won't talk to you and when they do, nothing comes out of their mouthes but hurtful comments which makes them not one ANY social contact. I'd rather not put up with that for any longer. When kids are treated like that for so long they start to crack and go psychotic and suicidal maybe even homicidal. Trust me, I've almost been there it's not pretty. It's the opposite of pretty it truly is hell. As for sitting through it to gain immunities from it, it doesn't always work that way, sometimes it goes the opposite way and the kid will develop insecurities and other things that are not normal social behavior. Like I said before, for some people, middle and high school is hell, and for others it's great. It's total opposites it's REALLY important that you guys understand that.

And yes Dino, there have been a lot of people to bring guns and knives to school in my area and all over the country really. One girl had one in her backpack and her mom found it before she left for school and she only had TWO WEEKS of suspension. Not to mention there have been 18 bomb threats in my school since the first day in September.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13? but thats the age when we start to need and learn social skills the most!
    very important during teen years, and you left in your first teen year.
    teen years is when are personality really starts to develop, but it cant develop properly without vital life social skills. Same goes for face to face interaction. Truth is, you DONT have all the social skills you will need during your whole life.

Like I said, it would be best if you move to a smaller, nicer private school, where people arnt a-holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yes, I wanted to kill myself at one point, but it was because I had no friends or real social contact, and it drove me into severe depression.
    Dont think that I dont understand what situation youre in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hellz here
    wow, didnt know it was like that man, sorry for any discrepencies, but the truth is that life cant be learned, it's experienced, and a computer can only teach you things, namean?
    and as far as friends go, there are always people that are "compatible with other people, and the only way to find out is to socialize. People will turn you down, but who needs em? others will be more than glad to befriend you so dont be discouraged
    Hope this has cleard up things,
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally figured out what is namean.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] namean...........
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without going outside, school, socializing... then your really just a brain in a jar [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast