Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T rex soft tissue found!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what happened when they tried cloning dinosaurs , some guy created a theme park called jurassic park on and the dinosaurs started taking over the whole place and eating people [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seems almost too fantastic to be true
    that makes no logic

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JURASSIC PARK, MAN!!!!!!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i say do it. clone baby clone!

if it's possible that is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm allthough I support the potential cloning of a dinosaur this does beg the ethical question of should we? Cloning this isn't like trying to bring back the wooly mammoth or the thylacine. These creatures are the size of a bus with 6 inch teeth that could swallow a man whole in one bite. What if this were to get loose? Also does anyone realise how much space a fullgrown T-Rex would need? These were creatures that hunted on the open plains of the northwest. Speaking of which would it be ethical to bring back a creature that is in a completely alien environment that we have no idea how to care for it? The difference in oxygen/carbon dioxide/barometric pressure levels etc from the environment these creatures were found in millions of years ago could be so drastic it could kill the animal when it reached a certain size. Also what would we feed it? Would the meat of today's animals have all the nutrition a growing T-Rex were to need? I personally think that before people even begin to start thinking about cloning they would have to have all this stuff prefigured out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously doubt they will be able to clone T-rex. First-they need to bring back the passenger pigeon etc. etc.

As far as the ethical question goes-as far as science is concerned even if the cloned T-rex does not survive it will give alot of info on a T-rex embryo. However-I don't think this will ever happen.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 24 2005,6:37)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 24 2005,6:34)]sweet... but how do you suppose you clone it? you need a surregate mot...ehhh.... egg (that's IF they are egg-layers.
    I doubt a croc egg would be good for a t-rex lol.
    Actually they would probably grow it in vitro sort of like tissue culturing. However that's a big if as the DNA would be so degraded and full of holes that it is highly unlikely cloning of fresh tissue samples today is still a highly uncertain process let alone DNA that is 70 million years old.
    TISSUE CULTURE? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] What, put a few cells in a petri dish filled with nutrients and a baby T-rex grows out? I don't think so. Dude, if you're thinking about tissue culture then you got too many plants in your head... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

And I doubt after all these years of evoltuion that there would be any animal genetically close enough to clone aT-rex, let alone the uncertainty of cloning itself...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast