Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 25 2005,3:57)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 25 2005,1:50)]
    Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 25 2005,1:38)]
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 24 2005,6:37)]
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 24 2005,6:34)]sweet... but how do you suppose you clone it? you need a surregate mot...ehhh.... egg (that's IF they are egg-layers.
    I doubt a croc egg would be good for a t-rex lol.
    Actually they would probably grow it in vitro sort of like tissue culturing. However that's a big if as the DNA would be so degraded and full of holes that it is highly unlikely cloning of fresh tissue samples today is still a highly uncertain process let alone DNA that is 70 million years old.
    TISSUE CULTURE? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] What, put a few cells in a petri dish filled with nutrients and a baby T-rex grows out? I don't think so. Dude, if you're thinking about tissue culture then you got too many plants in your head... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

And I doubt after all these years of evoltuion that there would be any animal genetically close enough to clone aT-rex, let alone the uncertainty of cloning itself...
    You missed my point. I was trying to say similar to tissue culture it is done all the time with people who can't have kids naturally hence the term <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3....k=test%20tube" onmouseover="window.status='test tube'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">test tube</a> baby. That is what I was trying to say. I know it's impossible to tissue culture any animal from cells but it is possible to get embryos started in vitro.
    Ah right, in vitro. But then that comes back to the question of where you would put in after that... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Which also brings up the point of why I am not a scientist.I don't have the slightest clue of where you'd stick a developing tyrannosaur embryo. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    into a tyrannosaurus egg. and therein, your dilemma. :P
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're still working on the mammoth.

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/news/...4/mammoth.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a fun fantasy to think a T-rex could actually be raised to adulthood. I don't think containment would be a problem...like Dr. Horner, I believe they were not the best hunters, and were most likely scavengers. It would probably require a steady diet of a few dead, somewhat decomposed cows a week.

But realistically, look at the tremendous info already gained by studying the production of red blood cells in the bone marrow, and how it compared to an ostrich. Certainly further research will reveal new facts on their metabolism, growth rate, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] First-they need to bring back the passenger pigeon etc. etc.
    YES! and carolina parakeets! i want some parakeets to come to my birdfeeders! lol.

on another note... AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes! sheesh!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks&#33; (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have not perfected cloning yet. When we do we can probibly cross-clone. I hope I get to work on that. It would be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinak about it. We could get seed from S. purp. remove the anthrocynan gene and yes. Everyone can get that plant. Also we would be able to "see" the ancient ancestors of Sarrs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]YES! and carolina parakeets

its too late for that species, as well as the passenger pigeon. As for the find, its completely contrary to how fossilization is supposed to happen. Im awaiting confirmation from a seperate sorce before i jump to any conclusions
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you know? maybe there's one frozen somewhere :P
    or maybe in a swamp somewhere below all the CPs....
    like the rocky mountain locust. some of them were found frozen in a mountain and they were able to extract DNA.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks&#33; (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast