Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T rex soft tissue found!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge dinosaur buff. The whole reason I am going to college was to become a paleontologist however that dreamed died. I am still majorly interested in dinosaurs though as always but check out this discovery! It has to be the biggest discovery in the dinosaur world ever!CLONE ME!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing. Will they preserve it and try to make one? I hope so. I wish I could work on that project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only one lil line saying it was found in Montana? WHAT A JIP!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet... but how do you suppose you clone it? you need a surregate mot...ehhh.... egg (that's IF they are egg-layers.
    I doubt a croc egg would be good for a t-rex lol.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 24 2005,6:34)]sweet... but how do you suppose you clone it? you need a surregate mot...ehhh.... egg (that's IF they are egg-layers.
    I doubt a croc egg would be good for a t-rex lol.
    Actually they would probably grow it in vitro sort of like tissue culturing. However that's a big if as the DNA would be so degraded and full of holes that it is highly unlikely cloning of fresh tissue samples today is still a highly uncertain process let alone DNA that is 70 million years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did someone say 'cloneing time'?
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Actually they would probably grow it in vitro sort of like tissue culturing
    I don't think they can even do that can they? maybe with reptiles... since they would only need the yolk sac ...
    but If they can't keep premature babies (like the REALLY premature ones) alive, then i'm assuming they can't keep giant reptiles alive either :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's a really cool find...but I don't think we'll see any living T-Rex's in our life-time. There are people hard at work trying to clone them though. Same with Wooly Mammoths. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast