What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Psp

• Thread starter Nickz123
  • Start date
Anyone get one yet. I got it yesterday with Twisted Metal. It's insane.

I am very angry at Playstation for making Twisted Metal heads on for just PSP, thats a load of crap. I just got the new smaller PS2 and, I am just disappointed in Sony. How does this PSP work now? tiny disks or cartriges like a gameboy?

Whats PSP??
confused.gif

Play Station Pocket? That's the best i can come up with for a definition.

i want it but i'm not sure yet. i gotta find out what my friends say about it first before i buy it.

o man, lol this thing is amazing ^^
my friends tried a few interesting things with it, since it can play movies... LOL lets just say he could only get pics on it so far...
ROFL
Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ Mar. 25 2005,11:06)]o man, lol this thing is amazing ^^
my friends tried a few interesting things with it, since it can play movies... LOL lets just say he could only get pics on it so far...
ROFL
Hellz
does it accept external memory cards?

my bro said hes gonna get it, i dont really like video games too much tho, I play a little bit if im bored or something

nice big screen, all i know.

I heard that it does accept eternal memory cards, plays music,video, can put images in it and don't know if it's true, but heard that you can backup your games in a memory card, but probably just my friend bsing.

ya, it takes those MB cards, but you have to format all the stuff you put on it, my friend is still working out all the details on how to do it, u know, get those "videos" ont it...
ROFL
Hellz

I was excited when I heard about the PSP, but the latest handheld offerings have been pretty disappointing. I think I'm grudgingly going to go with the Nintendo DS. I would have gone PSP for the better launch titles, but I refuse to pay a $250 MSRP, and Nintendo has more of the franchise games I follow (Mario, Zelda, Animal Forest.)
In any case, I'm waiting for both to go down after the holidays, but I think the DS will hit a reasonable price well before the PSP, given Sony's vicegrip on the high-spending market.
I'm just so disillusioned by videogame companies now that I buy my own games - when I was a kid, I never realised that my parents would pay 100% over retail just to get me some game I was whining about. It's amazing what people can get away with in a free market.
~Joe

i found a site online that are giving away the psp for free. its the same makers of the free computer, free tv, free ipod thing. i remember a member on here before who did it and actually got everything he tried out for. so if anyone wants to try it out here it is: Free PSP

I have been playing mine non-stop. Everyone I show wants one because it is so amazing. My brother got one this morning and he can over and we played Need for Speed Underground Rivals together it was awesome. it is totally worth the 250. It blows DS away...stupid mario.
-Nick

PSP stands for Playstation Portable, it's got a nice big, lighted screen, it can play movies that are specially released for it (Hellboy and Spider Man 2 or two of them) the games are like half discs half cartridges. They're these discs that are smaller than gamecube discs and they are encased in these little white and clear cases sort of set up like a small floppy disc. The memory cards look like USB drives that you get for your computer. I've heard that they also play MP3's, all I can say is that it is an insanely well advanced piece of technology, well built, beautiful. I don't have one but my neighbor got one on the day it came out. It's so slick and cool. Sorry Nintendo bu Sony's got you beat here. I just got a DS for 100 dollars (-50 off retail price) because of a louzy scratch on the top of it and I've been playing that, it's amazing nonethless but the PSP is much cooler, the games are cool looking. The cartridges for the DS are so tiny though! That's some awesome technology, putting N64 games in mm thick cartridges about a little longer than a cm in height and length. Plus the touchscreen is really awesome.

the touch screen is awkward for me to use. i don't use it unless i have to. my rents probably wont let me buy a psp since i never use the DS.

the PSP, uses discs similar to the sony mini-discs....but even smaller.

I tried getting one when the first came out in japan but it was crazy. My dad was in Kyoto when it came out and he tried to get one for me , but it was impossible. Then at the airport there were some other americans selling them for like 600 us bucks!

The PSP is far superior to the DS the DS is for small childeren. The PSP is more adult oreintated. It can play MP3's, movies, games and soon they will have perifials for 102.11G, cameras (something like the Eyetoy), USB keyboard. People are already experimenting with linux on it... The DS is crap...compared to the PSP you can't even compare them its like comparing a saturn Ion with a BMW M3......

What game did you get. I have Twisted Metal and Need for Speed. I have only been able to connect to Twisted metal online once but it was awesome. Sony is trying to fix the servers.

Do any of you guys with PSPs have dead pixels on your screens. The reason I ask is because I found this article C/Net - Dead Pixels Walking and it sounded like that might be a common problem with the PSP.
Steve
currently playing Zelda: The Minish Cap on his Gameboy AdvanceSP

Back