Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what kind of TV I watch. I passed a college level field biology class without studying, without buying the text-book, because I watch lots of nature programming and do prairie restoration in my free time. Plus, that's where my interests lie. That really helps.

Also, to whomever asked...no, I don't have kids, but I was one. I never wanted any kids. I had a rough child-hood, and we'll leave it at that.

I'm almost 46 years old and doing quite well, thank you.

AND MY PARENTS WERE WRONG SOMETIMES. Just dead wrong. They're both bigoted. Is that correct? Should I have honored those beliefs by respecting those beliefs? They're both in their late 80's, and I love them dearly, and I consider myself incredibly lucky to still have both of them, but sometimes they were wrong.

Sometimes I am wrong, too, it's part of being a human. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Depends on what kind of TV I watch. I passed a college level field biology class without studying, without buying the text-book, because I watch lots of nature programming and do prairie restoration in my free time. Plus, that's where my interests lie. That really helps
    true. I'm either watching the news or learning something (which IS kind of hard since there aren't many learning channels... and they're becoming crap pretty fast... darn all those building shows)
    Quote[/b] ]I'm almost 46 years old and doing quite well, thank you.
    She's older than you. You can't argue with her. you should respect her experience and knowledge because she has lived longer than you. lol
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTG will not be happy about what's happening in her name!

I did some teaching as a graduate assistant in the 80s and nothing pissed me off more than the smart ones who didn't try because they didn't need to. They'd get an A because they knew at least 90% of the material and did just well enough to avoid a lower grade.

I was far more impressed by the students who worked hard, but got lower grades. Edison said invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration and I agree. If choosing sides, I want to be with the hard working people with less mental horsepower and we'll win every time. They might not discover a cure for cancer, but they do everything else.

So, when my daughter got an A in science for the first quarter in 6th Grade but an unsatisfactory for effort, she learned an A isn't good enough. The world is full of intellectually lazy smart people and we don't need any more.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 29 2005,7:06)]
    Quote[/b] ]Depends on what kind of TV I watch. I passed a college level field biology class without studying, without buying the text-book, because I watch lots of nature programming and do prairie restoration in my free time. Plus, that's where my interests lie. That really helps
    true. I'm either watching the news or learning something (which IS kind of hard since there aren't many learning channels... and they're becoming crap pretty fast... darn all those building shows)
    Quote[/b] ]I'm almost 46 years old and doing quite well, thank you.
    She's older than you. You can't argue with her. you should respect her experience and knowledge because she has lived longer than you. lol
    I know you're kidding Alpha! But, of course he can argue with me! He has more kid experience! All I know about kids is....baby sitting for the neighbors. That's quite enough, thank you! I indulge them, spoil them, give them sugary stuff and loud, annoying toys and send them home to mom and dad.

I like a good clean debate. Don't like the mean, name-calling stuff. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I did some teaching as a graduate assistant in the 80s and nothing pissed me off more than the smart ones who didn't try because they didn't need to.
    lol. I'm like that with some things (ie. biology... piece of cake. things just stick to my brain like superglue without me even trying) but I do hate the smart ones of other classes :P I DO try (especially hard) in math and chemistry! it's not fair :-/ darn them all lol.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh PLEASE, Are you serious,....... your mom benefited because your not mad at her and you trust her? Thats a pile of mountain lion crap if I ever heard it.

I hope that was a joke. If thats the case, you're right.......I can't even begin to argue with you on this.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Oh PLEASE, Are you serious,....... your mom benefited because your not mad at her and you trust her? Thats a pile of mountain lion crap if I ever heard it.
    I didn't just not get mad at her, I trust and RESPECT her more. Meaning that I show my respect more often.
    I know you're not going to get that... but that's what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol of course that was a joke. I'm the one arguing that older people shouldn't demand mindless zombees that don't argue with them.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast