Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 29 2005,7:06)]
    Quote[/b] ]Depends on what kind of TV I watch. I passed a college level field biology class without studying, without buying the text-book, because I watch lots of nature programming and do prairie restoration in my free time. Plus, that's where my interests lie. That really helps
    true. I'm either watching the news or learning something (which IS kind of hard since there aren't many learning channels... and they're becoming crap pretty fast... darn all those building shows)
    Quote[/b] ]I'm almost 46 years old and doing quite well, thank you.
    She's older than you. You can't argue with her. you should respect her experience and knowledge because she has lived longer than you. lol
    I like the shows on HGTV. Right now, me and Dan can't afford cable, so while I'm visiting my p's, who do have cable..I'm soaking up the HGTV. Crappy garden advice notwithstanding, LOL~

Another show I really loved on HGTV was American Masters...all about people who are masters at their art. Ceramics, metal-working, wood-working, stained glass, etc. Great show.

I don't care if Tanya likes what we're doing on her behalf. BOO-YEAH, we're having us a discussion! She doesn't have to read it~

I'm smart because I read and have always read alot. I have struggled hard for each bit of somewhat useless crpa I have in my brain..it's not because I tested well, because I don't(I used to throw up before tests, and I test out average), and that's how how "smart" you are is judged in school.

I have a natural affinity for botany.

April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like some of the shows on HGTV (like gardening by the yard) but I don't watch it very often. I don't know why but I watch the food network more often yet I never make anything LOL. My favorite channel has to be national geographic though. I also like watching "next on cnn"
    and I have a natural affinity for nature. I've loved nature ever since i was a little kid and it just keeps on growing :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 29 2005,8:29)]I like some of the shows on HGTV (like gardening by the yard) but I don't watch it very often. I don't know why but I watch the food network more often yet I never make anything LOL. My favorite channel has to be national geographic though. I also like watching "next on cnn"
    and I have a natural affinity for nature. I've loved nature ever since i was a little kid and it just keeps on growing :P
    I really like "Gardening By The Yard" even though he pooh-pooh's native plants.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was responding to something you said in this thread, and if that does not have relevence...

now im pissed cause just wrote a leinght response for this and lost it all so forget it
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Mar. 29 2005,7:49)]FTG will not be happy about what's happening in her name!
    I don't think this thread is about her, per se, anymore, but about parenting in general...
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I don't care if Tanya likes what we're doing on her behalf. BOO-YEAH, we're having us a discussion! She doesn't have to read it~
    True, she doesn't have to read it but you don't need to be like that about it. FTG has been on this forum longer than you or me, don't be so rude man. (chick, whatever)
    Besides, I am a parent and Alpha is a teen (I assume).......what are you besides instigating. I don't like some of Alphas opinions but hey, its a discussion/arguement - I don't have anything against him personally. Just conflict of opinion. Not to mention you said you're what....43? Aren't you a little old for BOO-YEAH's?

$IH
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think that Tanyas coming back tommorow anyway......and I bet my money the first thing she will read when she comes on here and into general disscussions is this.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not being rude. We're having a discussion...statement of fact. She doesn't have to read it...statement of fact. I don't care if she likes it or not because a)I didn't start this discussion, and b)I'm defending her. If she wants to be upset about that, she can go ahead...it's no hair off my fanny. I think she's a nice person. Seems pretty level headed to me. I'd be proud to have her as a daughter.

The day I get too old for Boo-yeah, or what-ever, is the day I die. I'm 45, almost 46 and I'm a "chick". I'm not instigating anything...if I wanted to instigate, I would have been a lot nastier. It amuses me that when you're a certain age some people expect you're supposed to act a certain way. "If I'm [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]..I must [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]" I'm not a fan of conformity.

What are you trying to say? If you're not a parent or a child your opinion is worthless? Parenting is a thing some people choose to do. I chose not to. Your choice is absolutely no better or more/less fulfilling or more/less worthwhile than mine.

My opinion is children are born entitled to a certain amount of respect, unless they later prove they aren't. If a kid of mine got A's and B's and a 3.7 GPA and wanted to stay up an extra hour, I'd probably let them. If Tanya wants to be a vet, and her B's are in math and science, yes, she is going to have to bring those B's up to A's. It's hard to get into vet school. That hasn't changed since I was in high school. April

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast