Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Man, her ears must REALLY been ringing!

Gotta love the age thing. BigCarnivourKid and I.... and probably every other baby-boomer thinks of ourselves as being perpetually youthful. Hence our respective signatures about being perpetually 18 and what his used to say about being cleverly disguised as an adult. Peter Pan is MY hero - and so is Dorian Grey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my head I'm 26. That's just the way it is.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure every generation says this.........But it's kind of funny to listen to today's kids. (I know, I have 3 of them) I grew up in the 70's and 80's well before the internet, playstations, cell phones and 100's of cable channels. If I watched 3 hours of TV in a week, let alone a day it was alot. In Montana, there was just so many things to do outside. I lived on my bike, I would ride it everwhere in town. I would ski every weekend in the winter hunt and fish every weekend outside of winter. I go to my kids' school now and can't believe how many elemetry age kids are overweight from lack of physical activity. When I grew up, we had 1 fat kid in school, he was the "fat kid". Now 25% of the kid's at my daughter's school are overweight. I feel for these kids because when they get to my age (mid 30's) they will be in a world of trouble with health issues and weight. Ok, I'm done ranting.

JJ

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo sadly true. I see the same thing in the neighborhood and at my daughters school. When they do go outside they take a portable Playstation or Nintendo with them. I have a nephew that never goes anywhere without a portable game system.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and most of my friends(male friends) are like all physical. One of my friends though lives either behind a gun/bow hunting or in front of a game consol. He is by no means overweight because he is so obsessed with hunting, but he also knows just about EVERYTHING there is abou video games. It's an interesting situation, it's one extreme or the other! LOL I used to be obsessed with video games and the such... now the only portable thing I take with me is my Mp3 player. I love to push myself to do physically challenging things. Just recently I ran my absolute hardest in tennis for an hour and a half. I hit just as hard as I could physically hit without just plain treeing. I also ski as hard as I can... I actually just injured myself because I hit a jump to hard. Both of my bindings came off and I slid into one the poles that the snowguns are attached to.... I didn't stop... after I got over the shock and could walk without seering pain going through my leg, I went back out onto the slopes. I'm not one of those people that will stay down very long LOL. In my area actually there are not as many overweight people... everything revolves around sports AND video games.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 31 2005,12:43)]In my head I'm 26. That's just the way it is.
    LOL! Just 26? At least put yourself before the statistically female post-prime age interval (18->24)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I liked 26. Not too young and stupid, not too old and decrepid. I'd even go for 30, LOL!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame the overweight thing on fast food and parenting... although not necessarily the parents themselves. It's this fast lifestyle we have. There have been studies showing that if kids have home cooked meals often, there is a MUCH greater chance of kids being healthy and not being overweight later in life than if they don't have home cooked meals.
    Has anyone seen "supersize me"? fast food is also to blame (and "parenting" for setting a bad example and eating fast food so much). The portions nowdays are ridiculous.
    I don't blame the fast food industry itself though. I blame society as a whole.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything