Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 31 2005,6:58)]... his used to say about being cleverly disguised as an adult....
    It still says that! I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the paper my daughter wrote a few years ago in 5th(?) grade. It was titled "I am an only child with a younger brother" Guess who she was refering to as the "younger brother"
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to write 'responsible'. Go, D. (alicia)e! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 31 2005,7:17)]
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 31 2005,6:58)]... his used to say about being cleverly disguised as an adult....
    It still says that! I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the paper my daughter wrote a few years ago in 5th(?) grade. It was titled "I am an only child with a younger brother" Guess who she was refering to as the "younger brother"
    I feel that way a lot. Not cause he is clueless in some things... mainly only computers... But he is ALWAYS picking at me. Mom has five children one of them is older than she though! LOL Whenever he starts picking he tells the children to take it outside.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this thread as it careens further off-topic has left me in a seriously devil's advocate kind of mood. So I can't resist responding to my fellow graying people with their tales of youthful attitude. It hurts to say it, but what a great thing it was that previous generations would grow up and act their age. Because that's what created space for younger generations to grow and create something new.

But too many baby boomers are too self indulgent and refuse to get out of the way. Look at the Rolling Stones, whose great days are as far back in history as Robert Johnson was when they started. Christ, I just learned the Circle Jerks are still around. How wrong is that? Punk rebelled against decade old dinosaur bands, but now those punk bands are 25 years old and are suckling off dollars better spent on something fresh.

If our parents didn't grow up and start listening to easy listening and classical music, the Stones and Pistols wouldn't have found a gig. I'm glad club owners and promoters couldn't earn bigger bucks by dusting off a has-been instead of hiring a might-become in 1963. If you're a youthful 46, give up the swingset and the shows and let today's young have the same chance we had.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herenthore, I must disagree. I love hanging out with people twice-3 times my own age(that's alot of people since all my friends parents are also inderectly my friends, and I'm only 15). It's fun to see a 30(no offense to those of you at or above 30) acting like and hanging out with me and my close friends. As for old bands... well they are outdated, and not part of the new music generation.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]As for old bands... well they are outdated, and not part of the new music generation.
    A lot of them still rock though! Like Pink Floyd with " Dark Side of the Moon" in '73 and Anthrax with " Among the Living in '87. (should those 2 be mentioned in the same sentance?)

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the younger its cool but I gotta wonder about a 30+old that hangs out with kids. I mean, I know there are people like Jimscott who are young at heart but its creepy in todays world where crimes against children are rampent. I agree with Bruce on this one. I'm ol' fashioned just like my parenting even though I only turn 25 tomorrow.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herenorthere,

So...once you're a certain age...you're supposed to give up music because you're too old? Please tell me what that magical age is? Screw that.

And yeah, Superimposed...every 30 year old who hangs out with kids is a child molester. Right. How about school counselors, boy scout leaders, 4-H leaders, policemen who do drug education, firemen who do fire education, teachers, etc. Why, teachers must be the biggest pervs of all! They're always around children! Every adult who is not YOU or your children's mother must be a child molester. Right.

And herenorthere... When you're my age...you'll be locked into a 9 to 5 with a family and a mortgage and a comb-over and wondering what the H*LL happened to your dreams, I guarantee it. I can generalise, too. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.