Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ April 01 2005,5:45)]Glad to see you back. How's your homeschooling done? I didn't know there'd be grades.
    If you want to go to college you'd better have grades. LOL I know I'm a homeschooler too. Welcome back FTG. The last ten pages have been for the most part everything about you and your grandparents, to Parenting 101, and how adults over 30 should or should not hang out with the younger generation, oh yea and childhood obeisety(sp). That sums it up in a nutshell. LOL
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's exactly like public school. They send you boxes of DVDs, and on each DVD is a different class. There's English, Math, History and Science (there used to be Bible, but that's only for the first half of the year), and there's a class and a teacher for each one. I have three textbooks for English, one for Math, one for History and two for Science (Health first semester, Science second semester). There are quizzes, which are graded but not sent in, and tests, which are sent in. And there's homework assignment at the end of each class, I write it down, and I do it all after all the classes. At the end of each grading period, they send you a report card with the normal grade layout, based on your quiz and test grades. And now that A Beka (the program) is registered with the Florida school board, I have to go to this place and take an achievement test (same thing as the FCAT) every year between school years. I don't get really long holiday breaks, since I'm always a few days behind, so I only get Christmas Eve and Christmas off (which is redundant, because Christmas is almost always on a Saturday anyway) and Halloween and that's about it. I get summer break from about May to August or September. This is more or less how it's been since 1st grade, although this year and last year are the only years we used DVDs instead of VHS. It's getting really boring, and to add to that, I have no problem with them being a Christian school, since I am a Christian, but I do have a problem with their opinionated, strictly Creationist way of teaching, which forces their opinions and beliefs on the students, teaching us that and nothing else. I honestly don't think religion should have anything to do with education, because nobody knows whether Creation or evolution happened, or anything in between, so I don't think either should be taught, since both are theories which can never be proven or known.

Anyway, I'm going to Astronaut High next school year. For several reason, including A: homeschooling is really expensive, and 2: it bores me. But it sucks that my best friend is going to Titusville High, at the other end of Titusville, because she lives closer to it. I have to go to Astronaut because it's literally about half a mile from the house. My mom and (I think) my two uncles went to Astronaut. Maybe some of their old teachers might still be there.. it was only 20-something years ago.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]wait 30 minutes, and contrary to my parents admonitions, it's a good habbit to always leave a little of everything on your plate. Don't ever feel like you have to finish it.
    yes! that REALLY annoys me. I don't care (well I do but you know what I mean) if there are starving children in ethiopia because me eating that is not going to do a thing for them! it's just going to make me fat.
    Quote[/b] ]They're old-fashioned, ignorant, racist, and they think they can get respect by shoving people around, and that is not the way it's gonna work with me. They need to listen to me, hear me out, respect me as a person, no matter what their opinions are, and they need to at least TRY to understand me and what I'm saying
    I hate it when you try to say something for 10 pages and someone else comes in and says it in once sentence better than you ever could. LOL.
    Quote[/b] ]Now, that wouldve worked in a normal, non-dysfunctional situation. But, as grateful as I am for all they've given me, I'm not going to respect somebody to that extent when they give me no respect at all and shoot down everything I do and say
    lol. she said everything I was trying to say.
    Quote[/b] ]I honestly don't think religion should have anything to do with education, because nobody knows whether Creation or evolution happened, or anything in between, so I don't think either should be taught, since both are theories which can never be proven or known.
    I agree with the first part but not the second. they're not both theories. one is a SCIENTIFIC theory (if theories shouldn't be allowed on public schools then there would be no mention of atoms, gravity, the sun being in the center, etc) and the other is religion. (sorry... just had to say that)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....We know about gravity. *falls* See? And we know the sun is the center of the universe. They're not theories anymore. And Evolution may have a whole bunch of stuff backing it up, but, just like Creation and anything anybody else might believe about the origin of life, IT'S ALL THEORY. Nobody was there to see it and tell about it today. There is no proof of exactly what happened. If you're a Christian, you believe you're going to Heaven someday, and you know you'll know all about the mysteries of the universe and exactly what happened in the beginning when you get there. And if you're not a Christian, you believe there's no life after death, so you'll never know exactly what happened in the beginning anyway. So, no matter what you believe, there's no use in boiling up Cold War II about it anyway, since you'll either find out in Heaven or you'll never know.

EDIT: But thanks for agreeing with the other stuff.

'NOTHER EDIT: Oh, hey... this calls for an America (The Book) quote:

"It's been hundreds of millions of years since man first made his presence known on planet Earth¹, . . .

¹Or six thousand years, if you prefer to ignore all rational scientific discovery."
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]We know about gravity. *falls* See? And we know the sun is the center of the universe. They're not theories anymore
    we also know evolution happens. they are still "Just" theories. you can NEVER prove that all matter in the universe has gravity.
    Quote[/b] ]just like Creation and anything anybody else might believe about the origin of life, IT'S ALL THEORY.
    evolution has NOTHING to do with the origin of life! sheesh! how many times do I have to repeat the same thing? I haven't said my own name so many times! lol
    there has been observed speciation events. that's evolution.
    Quote[/b] ]And if you're not a Christian, you believe there's no life after death, so you'll never know exactly what happened in the beginning anyway.
    jews, muslims, etc...
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]we also know evolution happens. they are still "Just" theories. you can NEVER prove that all matter in the universe has gravity.
    I didn't say I could. I meant that it's a fact that it EXISTS.

Quote[/b] ]evolution has NOTHING to do with the origin of life! sheesh! how many times do I have to repeat the same thing? I haven't said my own name so many times! lol
    there has been observed speciation events. that's evolution.
    Dude. I was disputing with my school, not you. I never said I didn't believe evolution occurs.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Finch, I never said muscle turns into flab and then to fat, i was speaking loose terms, If you want to have a discussion on muscle catabolization, the process of forming and releasing the contents of adiopse tissues, I would be happy to discuss it elsewhere. But in plain english, muscle that is not used weakens, if you are fueling that muscle with thousands of calories a day, but it no longer exists, your going to get chubby. Plain and simple. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

FlytrapGurl, I am glad you are back. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Dude. I was disputing with my school, not you. I never said I didn't believe evolution occurs
    if you say evolution is just a theory (and creationism is a theory), you're messing with me too :P cuz you're not only messing with evolution, you're messing with science.