Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, do you really need to watch tv more than 3 hours of TV every day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only use my tv to play video games, my cable wire is weird, but doesn't matter. I just use the computer mostly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Mar. 25 2005,6:53)]If you need to rebel against the authority figures in your life (a worthwhile goal), go work for a political campaign they oppose or learn something they don't know or listen to free jazz or date someone of a background they don't approve of. Or anything else that blazes a new path for the family. To stare at a wall or watch TV or quit studying is so lame. It'll just turn you into the same mindless idiot they already are. Congratulations.
    That is so true. If you stop studying whose life are you ruining? Yours. That is pretty dumb to say the least. And plus you would get bored after watching tv for that long and turn into a mindless couch potato...yeah and why would you want to watch TV more than (how many) hours a day?

Man I love reading these short bibliographies... *hint* [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say study soo hard that they will want to give you some free time. Not studying will be just harming yourself. Oh, and 3 hours of TV is not neccissary.

The only reason I get my priviliges is that I get strait A's. The strange thing is that I barely ever study. It kinda pisses people off when I get a perfect on unit tests and exams in science when I've only studied 20min at lunch right before the test [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . Earn your priviliges instead of forceing them out of your folks. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is that their grandparentsparents (even though they may have her "best interests at heart") are being ridiculous about it. heck... I NEED my computer to make good grades! (and I shouldn't have to ask my mom permission to do homework... that's ridiculous too)
    and nobody said she should drop out of school or anything. sheesh! you say she should make worse grades and everyone starts talking about dropping out and how they should have studied harder and everything. one report card with one C or so (it can be a high C... and it doesn't even have to be a report card. just in a progress report or even just a paper or something to get it through her grandparents' head) is not going to make you a trash collector for the rest of your life! ... yet if it works she could get her freedoms back and enjoy them for a long time.
    I don't know about you but I'd rather have all C's in ONE report card (again... i'm not saying she should have ALL C's... just one HIGH C would probably freak her grandparents) and get my freedoms back than not be able to use my computer for quite a while...
    and what her grandparents are doing is not pushing her to do well, it's punishing her for not being perfect. that's outrageous. Doing that just makes her dislike them even more (she's always complaining about her grandparents :P) and really makes people sick of studying.
    the way to make someone do good isn't by punishing them for not being perfect.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Nevermind, you won't understand till you're older.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanya WANTS to do well, since she wants to be a vetenarian. She works very hard in schoolwork and does her very best, but she cant get higher grades then A's and B's. But her grandparants want her to be perfect, so they are punishing her in a bid for her to study harder and get straight A's, but that is not possible since she already works to her full potential and does her absolute best. She also cannot and will not study anymore then she is already. For this reason, punishing her will achieve nothing.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seeeeeeee? punishing because they're not perfect is stupid.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast