Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There is also trust that I will not question them if they have a good motive.
    thats the problem, a good motive in YOUR point of veiw, whilst the possibility you may be mistaken ...

hell everounes miistaken sometimes, and i hate to be but i am [too], so [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]thats the problem, a good motive in YOUR point of veiw, whilst the possibility you may be mistaken ...
    that's where the
    Quote[/b] ]my parents are human too, and they realize it. Just because they THINK they're doing something that's good for me doesn't mean that they are, and they trust me to take part in the decision making.
    part comes in.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example of how I negotiate with my daughter:

Me, "You have to turn off the TV at 9"
    Her, "10"
    Me, "8:30"
    Her, "9:30"
    Me, "8:00"
    Her, "9:00"
    Me, "OK"
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, why don't we leave it at this:
    "different things work for different people differently"
    happy? what works for me might not work for you. I don't agree on treating kids that way, but whatever.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 27 2005,10:22)]Thats not admitting they're wrong, thats backing down from a child. How can a parent even begin to raise or teach a child who they ALLOW tocommand from them? I mean no affense to you Alpha but you and your parents are both wrong. Children have no position to command anything of their parents and parents have a duty to command discipline and respect from their children. You aren't just born with the right to do and say as you please, its a right that you earn more and more of over the years through respect and learning. Dude, if you were my kid, pullin a stunt like that would land you absolutely no TV, phone, internet, games, NOTHIN........and if you didn't like that then you shouldn't have attempted to tell me where or what my position as a parent should be.

Bruce, you ain't lying buddy. That would've been cause for a swat at least. Not to mention what would have been taken away.

Joe
    Since you told Alpha and his parents that they are wrong, all I can say is...... Nope, no parents are ever wrong, they're all perfect, above reproach and without their own emotional baggage. Since when are A's and B's not good enough? If that's the best you can do, IT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO. No amount of taking away priviledges is going to make your children be able to do better than their best.

How about the idea of parents giving their children a bit of respect (without having to EARN it)at birth?

How in the hell does anyone, even parents, know what another person's best is? Only you know what your best is.

Last time I looked, a C=Average. There's something wrong with being average? Not everyone is Einstein or a Hawking. That's just the way it is.

What *you* WILL do is garner the resentment of your children. What *you* WILL do is stress them out totally as they try to live up to some unrealistically, artificially high standards.

Sometimes it's earned resentment. Sometimes parents ARE wrong. They are human. Humans can be incorrect.

For instance...my father was dead set against my learning to play drums. "girls don't play drums, they play the violin" What a bunch of crap. HE WAS WRONG.

I later switched to bass and guitar, both of which I still play. He was wrong. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C's arnt good enough to get ahead in todays world, expecialy for trying to get into competetivve carrers
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]How about the idea of parents giving their children a bit of respect (without having to EARN it)at birth?
    that's right.
    also... parents need to earn the respect of their kids too. by being unrational and demanding slaves that will blindly do as you tell them is not going to earn you their respect.... at least not MY respect.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the heck is a child to decide whether a parent is justified?

It's obvious I am arguing with people who don't have children.

April,
    1) My daughter respects me because I demand it. I am her father, I feed her, I clothe her, I read to her and I love her, I provide a place to sleep, and stay warm. For this I have EARNED her respect.
    2) My daughter tells me all the time that I am the best daddy in the world. What the heck does she have to resent me for?
    I never said As and Bs weren't good enough.
    I also think its obvious that you haven't any children of your own and from the arguement you make it sounds like you are not an adult yet either. This leaves you in a position to not be telling a parent how or what to do just the same as Alpha.
    The thing is YES parents are wrong sometimes but NO it is not the childs position to tell them that they are wrong.

If you don't get it, I can't tell you. Sorry! Hopefully life still works out for ya anyway. That "I don't have to do stupid things" additude is gonna hurt ya later.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast