Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New cps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    p.s. seeing its just begining to look like spring, im thinking i should keep them inside right? one more thing, r any of them cold hardy to zone 5/6?

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes Sarrs are and some Droseras - I don't know what ones except S. purpurea grows on the chilly North East coast.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fully hardy Sarrs are:
    S.purpurea subsp. purpurea(NOT subsp. venosa), S.oreophila, S.rubra subsp. jonesii and S.flava(it survives fine here in the U.K outside all year, but it may not survive in very cold climates)
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, is there any specific planting instructions? or just make a whole in the mix and then plop it in or wat? im guessing i want to have these guys indoors under lights right?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plastic pots are good. They tend to hold the water in better...less evaporation. Just fill your pot with your mix....peat...peat/sand....long-fibered sphagnum moss. Make a hole and gently put the root ball in. Then fill in around it. Gently pack the soil down but not tooooo tighly. Water them with PURE water which will settle the soil down around the roots.

The Sarracenia can be put outside. However, if they have been grown indoors, it might be a good idea to ease them into outdoor conditions slowly so they aren't shocked by sudden evironmental changes. Most Sarracenia have been dormant and are just now breaking dormancy. If yours are "new" plants out of tissue culture (propagation), then you need to gradually introduce them outside into full sun.

Sundews can be grown outside too but you need to keep the humidity high. I grow my 'dew in tanks or on shelves under lights indoors.

For more specific instructions check out the different forums dedicated to each genus.

Good luck and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Suzanne/PAK
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, ive been tryin to get more info from the sender, but no luck, i will see how i fare on my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol sorry about that I have just been so busy I did email you a general care sheet and what everyone here has said is great. Don't sweet it I can always send you more.

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, got ur e-mail, ill be potin them today, wish me luck!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast