Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New cps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sry, bout the pun, i acutally dont use them that much, i just stumbled apon that "due" when writeing the post and thought "hmm how intresting" anyway, i have them under good light and keeping them moist, ill tell u how i turn out.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CNCReefer...I agree about the humidity thing. Tanks are not required for drosera. I have quite a few sundews out in the open on shelving and they do fine. I just have a number of tanks and like to use them. And the humidity in there is usually higher. Most dews can be grown in a number of different locations with consideration to sunlight, air circulation and acclimation. A drafty area would dry the "dew" up faster. My personal experience has been that D. adelae does better in a tank.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my D. adelae in my greenhouse separate from all the other 'dews. I don't think it would like the direct sun hitting it.
    By the way, the D. adelae is making it's own new plants on the leaves [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true PAK, but D. adelae is usually the exception in Drosera rather than the rule. i grow my Drosera in open trays in exteamly low humidity(i technically live in a desert) and they do great. for most Drosera excellent light and good air flow are much more important than humidity. there are exceptions, D. adelae being a well known one.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have my drosera in trays, in my basement where theres no humidity and i hope they do ok. one thing im wondering is how fast the sundew seedlings will grow, i know it depends on the species, but the name escapes me at this time, any way i got some seeds out of a seed pod on a dew at school and i spread them about a cp mix and put a little dome over it to keep the humidity. so far tow have germinated and they seem to be puting on their second set of leaves, but i cant tell cuz their tiny, how long on average do dews take to grow to adult size?

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quickest I've seen (SO far, haven't been at this too too long) something that you could actually recognize is about 7 months, from seeds, and I don't give mine as much light as they prolly would like even [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

But some of them seem to take for EVER, so don't puth the magnifying glass away just yet
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always grown d. adelae in full sun. The tentacles turned red and all that, and the dew was thick. D. schizandra on the other hand, will die IMMEDIATELY if placed in full sun. I do not understand the problem everyone has with growing d. adelae. Can't water d. schizandra from the top, or get any water on the leaves. They would be dead before you know it! Adelae sundew loves shade to bright light, to full sun. Depends on the individual plant I imagine.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my D. adelae outside, western exposure, all Summer and Fall. It did fine, except for that aphid infestation....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast