What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pics

Just a few pics of springtime...

My mini bog
Bog_Garden002_web.jpg

A few new flowers
Sarra_blossoms05_web.jpg

A couple of pitchers getting ready to pop
Sarras_web.jpg

S. Tarnok flowers
S_Tarnok_web.jpg

D. adelae flowering... a first
D_adelae_flower_web.jpg

And finally a caterpillar that stung the crap out of me
Caterpillar_sting02_web.jpg

nice! Yay!! I get to see that when I get to go back to palm bay what is that sarra with all the flowwers?

GASP! you have an IO caterpillar! raise it or send it my way! lol.
I've always wanted to see an IO caterpillar/moth... want to raise it? I can tell you how... hopefully it's a male... and by the looks of the caterpillar it's going to pupate soon...
oh yeah... great plants too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 26 2005,8:36)]GASP! you have an IO caterpillar! raise it or send it my way! lol.
I've always wanted to see an IO caterpillar/moth... want to raise it? I can tell you how... hopefully it's a male... and by the looks of the caterpillar it's going to pupate soon...
oh yeah... great plants too!
As much as I felt like it I didn't kill it. Turns out there are at least 4 of them on the plant.

Yes IO's are very cool! I've never seen one up around NY, but dang those are the coolest, along with the saddlebacks that feed on Pawpaws. Pussmoths are very neat too.

if you find eggs, you must send me some
smile.gif

saddlebacks and pussmoths? naw... Lunas, cecropias, (trying to think of the name....) regal moth? are cooler.
did you mean the caterpillar or the moth?
and NOOOOOOOOOO! don't kill it/them!!!

Ok first of all...NICE plants!!Second,what on earth is an IO catterpillar??From the looks of it on the pic,it's pretty cool lookin
smile_m_32.gif
And I had NO idea that catterpillars can sting!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
*Niki*(Trapper7)

Kudos on your lovely plants. I'm diggin' the adelae.

Diggin' the garden, Flam! Big time!

Oh, I hatched a cecropia moth pupae in my dorm room back in college. We nicknamed the six inch wing span result Mothra!

Cecropias are very neat, I've had a few of the mammoth caterpillars before, fed them all the lilac leaves they could eat, I must say they were very healthy moths
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Mar. 26 2005,4:55)]what kinda camera did you use?
I fairly recently bought a Nikon D70... not cheap but nice.

I raised some (cecropias) from eggs but while they were in their sixth instar they got the "black death" as I call it (also most of my lunas and polyphemus) and only one survived to pupate... then it died :-/ (although 6 polyphemus did eclose
smile.gif

Back