User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disembodied finger found in chili at wendy's!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

News article!

Does anyone have any idea how and why this finger got in to a bowl of chili?

The woman who BIT IN TO THE FINGER is, of course suing for millions. And think of all the people who ate the chili that came from the same batch!

They don't know whose finger it was either.

This is just messed up!
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if the person who lost the finger can sue the person who bit into it for damaging it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that article was in our paper. How do you "lose" a finger with out noticing? Actually the bigger question should be what type of meat are they using in the chili since no-one is sueing over a cut off finger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is she complaining about? Protein is protein.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scary part is, that Wendys is about 4 miles from my house and I have eaten there many times. Never found any body parts before, but then I never order the chili lol...

Most likely the finger was lost at the processing plant where the chili is canned. Thats why nobody in the store was missing one.

From San Jose Mercury news: "In confirming it was a finger, the county medical examiner also found that it wasn't badly decomposed and had a solid set of fingerprints. Conceivably, officials said, police could lift a print and perhaps match it to a partially fingered person through a database.

For now, officials figure -- since it was a jagged cut -- it may have happened on a meat grinder."
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes! I don't eat at that Wendy's, or any Wendy's so i think i'm okay.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else read Eric Schlossers Fast Food Nation? After reading it I'm not all that surprised.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else think of the fact that maybe the person who bite into the finger planted it there in ploy to get money? I just keep thinking of the people i know that will plant their own hair into sandwiches at fast food restaraunts to get free food, i mean a finger is just one step more right? I think that if someone lost a finger it would be noticable and reported at somepoint, i mean a finger is something your going to miss.

ps this makes me glad that i do not eat meat.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast