What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adopting!

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Hi guys!Just wanted to show you all the new babies I'm adopting tomorrow
smile.gif
They're young hairless rats! I've always wanted hairless ratties.Here's the link to see them. http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi....=&stat=

I don't know how to post pics so I hope this works.See ya!*Niki*(Trapper7)

Haha,I guess they do kinda look like them
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Really? I was just messin with ya. I didn't actually look at the pics. (I'm not a fan of rats or other rodents) I'm sure they're cute in their own way.

Joe

I appreciate you telling me in a nice way that you don't like rats,cause some people can be so rude about it.I respect people that don't like rodents,but they don't have to be a jerk about it you know?So yeah thanks
smile.gif
*Niki*

I was shooting for that since I get grumbly with enough people on here.  
cool.gif
Enjoying a rat is the least of my irritations.

Joe

Awww how cute. I always thought hairless rats were cute. Have you ever seen dumbos? They are to die for...

ALLOSAURZ:Yep I have definetly seen Dumbo's! I had one!He was soooooooo sweet,and that face!! I used to be on a rats forum and when I first saw a Dumbo I just fell in love,so of course I had to have one,but there weren't any breeders that I knew about here in Canada.But my friend runs a private rescue and she happened to get one in,so I grabbed him
smile_m_32.gif
She was just asking for a small donation/adoption fee for him but I gave her $50 just to be nice
smile.gif
Sadly he passed away just about 6 months ago,but I'll never forget him
smile.gif
*Niki*

hairless rats always gave me the creeps. as far as the regular pet type i think ive had 6 of them over the years. much much better pets than hamsters. they were always fun. i had one that loved playing with my moms dog reguardless if the dog was 100 times its size. they need to start breeding them for a longer life span though. mine always kicked off after 2-2.5 years.

Rattler_mt:You're right about having them live longer.It's really sad that they live for such a short time.I actually had a few that lived till they were 4!I also wish that they were bigger,like the size of a chihuahua or something.There are giant rats tho,I think they're called Giant pouch rats,or something like that.And yes I think they make way better pets than Hamsters and mice and gerbils(don't get me wrong I love those guys too)but I think rats are smarter and more fun
smile.gif
*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Mar. 28 2005,10:28)]hairless rats always gave me the creeps. as far as the regular pet type i think ive had 6 of them over the years. much much better pets than hamsters. they were always fun. i had one that loved playing with my moms dog reguardless if the dog was 100 times its size. they need to start breeding them for a longer life span though. mine always kicked off after 2-2.5 years.
Ditto Last year I had 12 rats I raised from pups that were about 3 years old. This year I have 6 as it seems as if my male rats just spontaneously die off. My females however get tumors like crazy and it's hard to tell if something is wrong with them as they don't show pain when they are hurting unless it's insanely bad. They need to breed those tumor genes out of them that scientists bred into them.

Rats.... I've never been especially fond of them... unless it is just sad looking(puppy face type thing). Even then, I've never actually had one. My aunt has one, it's practically human(drinks flat coke so I guess that's NOT human). I don't even think she has the cage door closed very often.

I used to raise and sell dumbos had at least 50-100 they make great pets!

Never had a hairless one theyre kinda cute
smile.gif

Well if you have a really well trained rat then you don't have to keep them in a cage.I had one that was like that,I just left the cage door open for her and she went in and out as she pleased.All my other rats have to be caged tho,cause they do chew and they can get hurt,not to mention they can really destroy whatever they've chewed.Yeah my females have all died,mostly because of mammory tumors
smile_h_32.gif
It's sad.I just noticed a few days ago that one of my males has lump too and it's growing more and more everyday.One of my females had a tumor so large,it was the size of a mandarine orange!!!She got used to it tho and she would just pick it up and throw it from one side to the other,poor thing.*Niki*

Back