Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cool cp's at lowes

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ping-a-ling? What, more Lowe's lingo? It's probably Pinguicula primuliflora, because that's always what they were when I got them. They almost always have Drosera adelae, Nepenthes ventricosa, Dionaea muscipula 'Common' or sometimes (only once, in Viera) 'Dente', Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle', rubra and purpurea (typical or venosa) and Darlingtonia californica. I tried Darlingtonia many times, but it never worked out, because it got way too hot in the summer and I can't keep it inside, because the only way to do that is by keeping it in the fluorescent tank, but I have N. ventricosa, D. adelae and P. primuliflora in there, so that tank's strictly non-dormancy.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may want to flush the plants with pure water. More than likely they were watered with tap while they were in the store
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the Ping I gave to Laura is about ready to bloom, and it looks like it will be a white bloom. The darlingtonia I kept I will re-pot this weekend in LFS. The Sarracenia I will re-pot this weekend in a mixture that Laurazone5's son mixed up all by himself.

They are all very cramped in their little terrariums, and there is no drainage, either. Don't know that much about carnivores, but I do know about plants, and no drainage is usually a bad thing.

Now, I just have to figger out a way to prevent the dang cats from eating them after I re-pot them.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah, the flushing thing. Definitely flush out the soil with a bunch of CP-worthy water. I do that with every plant I buy.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's pinguicula primuliflora, the flower should be a light purple or purple -pinkish. White flowers are more in p. ionantha's color range, and it isn't likely to be the p. ionantha. Let me know the color when it is opened and set. I am curious.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet Bugweed's bottom dollar that it is a P. primuliflora!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there was another Pinguicula [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] in the display that was in bloom, it had a definitely white flower. I didn't buy it because it had been uprooted and easily rolled around in it's little terrarium. I guess I should have bought it..because even being out of it's medium..it bloomed. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not going to believe this, but I have had a P. primuliflora that started out with a white bloom - and then turned light purple / iris. That is not to say that what you saw is something different than a primuliflora, but that the possibility exists. A lot of those butterworts, looking at their leaves, look either like a primuliflora or a moranensis. Flowers, of course, are the best determinant. One characteristic of a primuliflora, that very few butterworts display, is the production of plantlets on older leaves. Time will tell. Might it look like this plant?

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/jimscott/123.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast