Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slam dancing punker statue paintup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sculpted this one a while ago, finally got some time to paint. He's the mascot for the old time punk band the Circle Jerks, about 10" high in this pose.

Whatcha think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's really good. It captures the whole slam-dancing thing! Been there. It was so fun.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unbeleivable! Really great job, Josh. You're quite a talent.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You created that from scratch?

Quite impressive. I have not one artistic bone in my body, and that is a talent that never fails to impress me.

Do you have a webpage with your other work?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, flip through the pages here on the general forum. he has pics of his work posted all over, he probly has about one sculpture a week posted(most unpainted). especially over the last few months. and i agree with yah, its 200 times better than anything ive ever come up with. awesome work once again! i thought your sculpting was awesome but your painting skills are way up there too!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely fantastic! Yup...captures the flavor! I love the "frozen in motion" thing. I think that's my favorite so far because of the "movement" it has.

I have seen the Circle Jerks as well. Boy you bring back old memories. lol
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just impressed you can paint plaid. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yup he's from scratch. This little guy started as 2 feet of aluminum wire and a about 1 1/2 lbs of Super Sculpey clay from the craft store. It took me about 25 hours to do the sculpt (baked in stages and details added, baked added...) and about half that long to paint it (over a few days time). You can see a "how a figure starts" tutorial I made a while ago here: http://www.mordordesign.com/tutorial.htm (Warning: it's a girl statue in progress so...)

I hope I never have to do plaid again! The secret there was using some rapidograph technical pens to lay down the fine lines. Can you believe they even have fine point, opaque white paint markers? That made life a lot easier! I still haven't tackled the paisley pattern in the bandanas... maybe someday!

More images and different projects can be seen here: www.toyriot.com in the gallery section. I hope to finish up a few more things and get them online soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast