Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a total of 31/2 - 4 hrs is pretty weak. It can work but these plants prefer a lot more light. If it of course is all you can provide it will work, but not to the same degree. The plants will probably be a bit slower and coloration will probably not reach its peak. That's ok though, once it's warm enough to get them outside they'll take off.

As for it being well below zero, I'd suggest some hefty mulching in the winter, but since I'm NO expert on bogs you may want to seek another opinion.

Later Dude,
    ~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gawd...in the next month or so we will be having an BENEFIT AUCTION to get donations to the North American Sarracenia Conservancy. You might be able to pick up some 'dews there.

hehehehe...shameless plug for a good cause. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you will, I'm putting a couple of BEAUTIFUL dews up for auction.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome! I am so glad to see somebody who may be from my neck of the woods. I am down by the Illinois/Wisconsin border within a stone's throw of Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Unfortinatly, my house is on a goofy angle, and the windows that would provide the best light are shaded by trees.
    I am virtually in the same situation. Every eastern exposure window I have is shaded by trees all but for about one hour a day. I purchased clamp fixtures at Home Depot and when they ran out I went over and bought more at Menards. I then bought Grow Bulbs and clamped them on the edge of the planters and on the backs of chairs I had placed my plants on and trained the light directly onto the plants. This is working very well for the majority of the plants I have which are all sort of receiving western exposure sunlight from windows in the front of my home. One difference is that I am getting about 5 hours of sun a day in the afternoon through the windows in the front of the home that aren't shaded.

Best wishes to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx again everyone.

How soon is the auction going to happen.. Don't know if I have the patience to wait. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for the bog, I was going to leave every thing in pots and bring them indoors for the winter.

Laura, fairly close I grew up in Milwaukee, but live about 2 hours north west of there now.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh oh oh! You are only about 3 hours away from me! Yay, somebody in the next state! If you ever have any plans to go to Gurnee Mills or Six Flags Great America, let me know as I live a hop skip and a jump from there.

There are many species that can be overwintered up in our neck of the woods with nice layers of mulch and many without. Check out the native range of Drosera rotundifolia, Sarracenia purpurea, Pinguicula vulgaris, and there are several aquatic Utricularia.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums! Embrace the Insanity!!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tee he, he/she is already embroiled in the insanity in another thread. He/She is my kinda guy/gal. I just love outspoken proponents of native flora and fauna.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast