Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hi all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Laura thanx for naming those types of plants that would do well here. Most actually are found wild in the county where I live, so that means they should do well. Don't anyone worry, I am not gonna go and get them from the wild.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, no section for the Utricularia. Anyone have tips on growing them? Set-up?

Edit - Well hope I grow plants better then I read... I found it....
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ April 02 2005,9:37)]Didja find anything special underneath your mulch when you uncovered your bog? Just curious.
    Did I find anything special? Hmm, how about special little nests of fine chewed up material from mice or moles or whatever. Last year I had a S. purpurea susp. purpurea var. heterophylla completely snacked upon down to the rhizome--uggghh!!

I planted much more common material this year, and cut leaves and left them in the mix for the mice to snack on. It seemed to work, and I found several leaves chewed, but the plants left alone.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's speshul, real speshul.

http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17620

I've certainly had my share of critter issues. What did you place under your mulch for them to chow on if you don't mind my asking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just layed S. purprea subsp. purpurea leaves that had the stuff rinsed out all about. They did eat it--I found leaves chewed throughout. I also removed the pine needles earlier that last year, but left the plastic pulled to the side just in case of a hard frost--a little warmer hear in SE Pennsylvania.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a sunny spot I'm moving the pots out into and I have a metal cage to put over them to keep the pesky squirrels away from my plants. My windows don't get enough sunlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been lucky about the squirrels--never had a probem (knock on the big oak in my yard dropping acorns). I hope your plants do well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234