Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahh white fungus stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you try putting a small fan in your case. That way you can maintain humidity, as well as increase circulation, which is most likely what is causing your mold problems. I maintain 70-90% humidity in my case most times. It's covered 100% of the time and I have no mold problems.

You can try neem oil for your existing mold trouble. It seems to work pretty well for that purpose. I find that Physan doesn't work very well on existing molds.

Sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where abouts do I get a small fan to fit into a 5 1/2 gal tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take the plants out of the terrarium, put them in pots, and grow them outdoors.
    they will bigger, healthier, happier, and they will never have fungus again..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course its always a possibility even in the wild but the best defence is keeping thdm healthy, vigorus, in not too humid conditions under proper care.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put them in there own pots but I like the whole idea of having them inside a terrarium.... I've seen many nice setups and I plan on doing the same.. Thanks for the suggestion though. I only have VFTs in this aquarium tank (b/c there the only ones that i have that require dormancy) my Sundews are all in separte pots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sources for small fans are old computers, and places like Radio Shack. All you need is a 9-12V power supply(maybe you can use one from one of the 4000 wall power supplies most of us have laying around), and the fan and voila. DC fans aren't too picky when it comes to power sources.

Sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I found a solution to my problem... I opened the window.. haha.. I guess its a circulation issue... After phiscally removing the fungus and opening the window.. It seems like my VFTs are groing like crazy.. and maybe b/c there getting good sunlight and the temperatures here are getting warmer..... But Everything is good now.. Thanks Everyone! This Thread can be closed.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12