Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate caterpillers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ April 01 2005,8:07)]Guys!!!! Dont kill caterpillers!!! Theres a shortage of butterflies in the world as it is!!! Just throw them in the grass, thats what I do, as do lots of famous gardners here. Or put them in a normal garden plant that you couldnt care about.
    Just dont kill them!!!
    And I dont see how any of you can feed beautiful butterflies to plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Easy. If anything harms my plants, I don't merely want to stop it, I want to terminate it with extreme prejudice.

Any moths or butterflies in my backyard are of a common and ugly variety, anyway.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Sarr Scott on this,
    My wifes cats have been saved frommy wrath a time or two also. I do not care for anything that purposely destroys my plants. The way I look at it, the cats were free the plant was not.

P.S. I have never killed a cat. (for the people who would have flamed about the above) I just get rid of them but my wife gets them and they are back.

Sorry, Didn't mean to hijack.
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like caterpillars. I agree with Dino. To the grass!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Oh, how I wish those little buggers could feel pain!
    they do.
    Quote[/b] ]Just throw them in the grass, thats what I do, as do lots of famous gardners here.
    how is starving them to death (well, actually they'd probably get eaten) better than smashing them with a hammer?
    I like caterpillars too (notice the spelling people! lol). Just like I like squirrels and other things that harm/could harm my plants. My plants aren't my whole life.
    caterpillars won't eat any green thing that comes along. I'm guessing that those caterpillars can't eat grass.... although of course I could be wrong since so many cateripillars have TONS of hosts.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12