Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate caterpillers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went outside and discovered that several of my S. wrigleyana pitchers, S. flava, and S. alata pitchers had been munched.

Fortunately, I also caught the culprit red-handed and exacted revenge with a hammer. Oh, how I wish those little buggers could feel pain!

The remains are currently nourishing my N. miranda.

I'll need to check for them daily now.

Any potent pesticides you'd recommend that won't harm the plants?

Bear in mind, they're in an undrained large pot, so something that will break down eventually is preferred.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sprinkle salt around your pots, I personally use rock salt. Just make sure it is a complete circle.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isn't going to do much against the eggs that have been laid on the plants. Ever notice the moths and butterflies fluttering around your plants? Guess what they're doing.....
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DUH...........I was thinking slugs. Just ignore me. You're right salt wouldn't do much to catterpitter or butterflies. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] I need to pay more attention.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learn the language of the caterpillars, bred with their women, and in time your differences will be forgotten.

Option2: Just raise the caterpillars, and when they are in butterflie form, feed them to the plants or let them go, they actually useful in adult form :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, Pirhana. Become one with the caterpillar! Exact change from the inside out!! Brilliant thinking! Your ki must be strong, or the caterpillar will eat your sarrs.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh?

Joe

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys!!!! Dont kill caterpillers!!! Theres a shortage of butterflies in the world as it is!!! Just throw them in the grass, thats what I do, as do lots of famous gardners here. Or put them in a normal garden plant that you couldnt care about.
    Just dont kill them!!!
    And I dont see how any of you can feed beautiful butterflies to plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast